Computer Related > Firefox and Facebook Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 6

Firefox and Facebook - hawkeye
For reasons I won't go into now I've signed up with Facebook. It works well on IE 8 but Firefox 3.6.9 asks me to enable cookies. AFAIK I've got cookies enabled; there are several I can look at in Tools, Options, Prvacy, Remove individual cookies.

Second and subsequent times I try to log in I put in my email and password, see the green Firefox progress bar at the bottom of the screen and the login screen stays the same.

Can't find anything to help Googling "can't login in to facebook with Firefox".

Any ideas, good folk ?

TIA
 Firefox and Facebook - Iffy
hawk,

Sorry to drift the thread before it's got off the ground, but I'd be very careful about Facebook.

Many people seem to have got into no end of bother with it.

The main problem seems to be you can't delete anything that you put or appears there, and stuff they say remains restricted to your 'friends' soon becomes available to everyone.

Except me, 'cos I wouldn't know where to look.

Hopefully, someone will now answer your login query.

Firefox and Facebook - hawkeye
>> hawk,
>>
>> Sorry to drift the thread before it's got off the ground, but I'd be very
>> careful about Facebook.
>>
>> Many people seem to have got into no end of bother with it.
>>
>> The main problem seems to be you can't delete anything that you put or appears
>> there, and stuff they say remains restricted to your 'friends' soon becomes available to everyone.
>>

Drift by all means...

I'm there because it's a handy way of keeping in touch with the girls, one in Nottingham and one in Leeds who's just lost her mobile, and the Rookie Instructors Group delivers occasional bursts of inspiration for me to tap into. There's nowt of importance, except my debit card details and the location of my stash of semtex.

Firefox and Facebook - Old Navy
>> There's nowt of importance,
>> except my debit card details and the location of my stash of semtex.
>>
>>
Oh great, when the GCHQ monitoring systems pick up that, we'll all get our doors kicked in at 4am.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 12 Sep 10 at 20:33
 Firefox and Facebook - Iffy
...Oh great, when the GCHQ monitoring systems pick up that, we'll all get our doors kicked in at 4am...

No, we'll be safe enough because they will go to the wrong house, number 12 instead of 21, or they'll go to the next town with a similar sounding street name, or go to the house you lived in 15 years ago, or they'll turn up at 4pm instead of 4am or....

Not that I think these guys are prone to making foul-ups.
 Firefox and Facebook - Mike H
I'm using version 3.6.6 with no problems - except that it gets confused if my wife and I log in at the same time on different tabs! Otherwise all is well. Can't help I'm afraid.
 Firefox and Facebook - Roger.
I have NO adverts or silly suggestions on MY Facebook page!
Using Firefox install the add-on "GreaseMonkey" and then its cousin"GreaseFire".
With these two little gems you can control scripts on your pages and choose to disable scripts you don't want, which in my case, includes all the garbage Facebook chucks at me!
Latest Forum Posts