Computer Related > ipad won't allow me to access some password sites Computing Issues
Thread Author: martin aston Replies: 5

ipad won't allow me to access some password sites - martin aston
My ipad was running slow yesterday so I cleared history and website data. I now find I can only get part way into my online banking and some other sites before I hit either an impasse or a timer symbol of some sort. Some password sites such as my power supplier are OK. But others such as DVLA mot history checker just ignore what I enter even though there is no password aspect.

Luckily my online DT is still working. So Apps seem OK.

It wouldn't even let me log on here so I am using the laptop.

I have tried a basic reboot and changing browser to no avail. Also the Safari list of passwords looks in order. IOS version is also up to date. Using the stored passwords or re-inputting makes no difference although I note that the power supplier is one of the few accounts I have where I haven't set up a stored password.

Clearly I have done something as all these accounts are accessible via Mrs Aston's ipad and the laptop.

Googling just suggests the things I've already done plus a full reset but I only want to do that as a last resort as I am not sure what else I'd lose.

Any suggested solutions please?
 ipad won't allow me to access some password sites - R.P.
Do you connect to a host computer now and again. Backup and factory reset might help..How old is it, what IOS is it running..
 ipad won't allow me to access some password sites - R.P.
What browser are you using...if it's Safari try Chrome.
 ipad won't allow me to access some password sites - Zero
If your iPad is running slow, clearing some website data was only a small partial fix anyway.

If you want it back to the speed and sparkle as new, you have to factory reset it. Now you are in halfway house limbo (you have a screwup between your passwords list and functional cookies) you might as well do the job you started out to do and do it properly

Factory reset.
 ipad won't allow me to access some password sites - VxFan
>> My ipad was running slow yesterday so I cleared history and website data.

By "clearing website data" do you mean the cache? If not, then clear that out as well.

Also, have you tried force closing all the apps running? i.e. double click the home button and swipe up each app that appears on the screen.

Any extra browser tabs running?

Have you also tried a broadband speed checker, such as the Speedtest App to see what broadband speed you're getting on the iPad?
 ipad won't allow me to access some password sites - martin aston
Thanks all. Resolved!
First prize to Zero for his mentioning cookies. Booby prize to me having turned them all off. Hangs head in shame..........
Last edited by: martin aston on Thu 16 Jan 20 at 12:32
Latest Forum Posts