Computer Related > CAPTCHA street scene verification Computing Issues
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate II Replies: 9

CAPTCHA street scene verification - Dulwich Estate II
How do I stop this CAPTCHA street scene verification ?

It seems to be coming up for me on many sites that I log into - not this one though.

It's driving me bonkers.
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - CGNorwich
Don’t think you can. Designed to check if you are a robot or not. Just take comfort that the results of all those Capcha tests are helping with the development of driverless cars.
No comfort taken here. So, my useful time is being given for free to help Google and others develop driverless cars and then profit from it - not for me if I can help it.

The trouble is, I don't think I can - grrrr.
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - smokie
I went through spell of seeing this a while back, fairly short lived, but it was coming up everywhere, and was hard to satisfy.

Trouble is, I can't remember what caused it. I have a feeling I went to a different browser for a bit, came back to Chrome and it was OK - maybe Chrome version or something.
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - CGNorwich
No, their primary use is to protect the web site from spam and automated attacks. If you recall they used to be letters and bits of text. Now they’ve hit on the idea that you might as well solve a useful puzzle as not so they are using images of street furniture etc Quite clever really.

They’re not going to go away until someone can hit on a better way of differentiatin humans from bots.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sun 25 Nov 18 at 10:03
I'm not so sure it's only to differentiate humans from bots.

For example: Why is it that the apparently secure Quidco site which requires my email address and a password has been contentedly accepting both for years, but now suddenly demands that I identify American shopfronts ?
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - sooty123
I don't mind them until you get in some sort of loop with them. A few websites I've been on, no matter how many you get right (and get the ok showing you've done it right) it keeps asking you to do another one. Gave up a couple of times with it
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - Bromptonaut
Never seen one of these. I just tick a box to confirm I'm not a robot.
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - Zero
I had one that wanted me to count traffic lights in a street scene, it took about 5 goes to get right
 CAPTCHA street scene verification - VxFan
>> Never seen one of these. I just tick a box to confirm I'm not a robot.

I'm pretty sure the Captcha box on here when you sign up for a new account followed over from t'other place, so you would have seen one before.
Latest Forum Posts