Computer Related > Screen Background Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 9

Screen Background - MD
Since the 'Attack' Of Bell's Palsy my eyes are so painful in bright light and one big problem is the comp' screen background white, Spreadsheets usually. How do I 'soften' it off a bit. XP Home.

Best regards,

MD
 Screen Background - Zero
turn the screen brightness down?

or right click on the desktop and settings will give you other windows colour schemes
 Screen Background - MD
>> turn the screen brightness down?
>>
>> or right click on the desktop and settings will give you other windows colour schemes
>>
Yeah Yeah Z. Builder here!! Brightness 'down' I get. Not 'fick' you no (sic). But (I know one shouldn't start a sentence with a but), but as one who is able to cuff things up with a keystroke, I have no wish to further my inabilities. Thanks.

MD.
 Screen Background - Iffy
...But (I know one shouldn't start a sentence with a but)...

Certainly used to be the rule.

But it's a living, ever-changing language.

And I think starting a sentence with a conjunction is now acceptable in conversational internet forum-type English.

By the way, tinkering with the F5 button might do things to the screen brightness.

Screen Background - Bellboy
have you tried your john lennon shades?
 Screen Background - MD
You been looking?
 Screen Background - Tigger
Click the area of the spreadsheet just above row 1, and left of column A - this will select the whole spreadshseet. CTRL-A will do the same thing.

select FORMAT CELLS, go to the patterns tab and select a new colour for all the cells in the spreadsheet.

Job done.
 Screen Background - MD
Hi Tigger, yes I know this thanks and it is useful, but I find the gridlines beneficial and with a coloured background I don't get them.

regards,

MD
 Screen Background - devonite
using open office calc, i find that if i click on the square above the 1 and in front of the A it "selects" all the cells, if i then click format-->cells-->background, you can change the sheet background colour, AND keep the gridlines.
One strange foible tho` the colour you choose isn`t what you get! - strange! still if its of any help......
 Screen Background - MD
Got excel and not Open office unfortunately, but I'll have a look to see if it can be done there. Thanks

MD
Latest Forum Posts