Computer Related > Android - new swipe menu feature? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 4

Android - new swipe menu feature? - smokie
Last week I started getting a new style of menu coming on from the bottom left if I swiped. It's a bit inconvenient as I obviously inadvertently slide it sometimes

Last night I was with a mate who had the same thing start last week, though the appearance of his is different. Mine is like a couple of partial concentric circles centred on the left bottom of the screen.

I can't immediately see anything on Google about it, though ti looks like it might be a "navigation drawer" - anyone have any ideas?

I'm on Android 7 and have been for weeks/months - I didn't notice any update last week.
 Android - new swipe menu feature? - Hard Cheese
I have a Sony Xperia Z5 compact which has been brilliant, it was on Android 6.0 and upgraded to 7.0 earlier this year.

If I swipe the lock screen from the lower corners the right hand corner opens the camera directly and the left hand corner opens the Google voice recognition app. as I swipe concentric circles travel across the screen as the app opens.

I think this is configurable.

Swiping from the top opens the connectivity and screen options.

That's the kind of thing, except I can swipe from any screen, and bottom left and bottom right both do the same, and nothing new and different happens swiping at the top.

I imagine I have accidentally turned on a feature which has always been there (maybe since Nougat) but I can't see a setting to turn it off. Not the end of the world...
 Android - new swipe menu feature? - Hard Cheese
Does it look like this? (scroll down a little)

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/602791-how-do-i-turn-off-bottom-right-corner-pop-out-shortcut-quick-settings.html
Ahhhh, that's exactly it, thank you :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Mon 26 Jun 17 at 17:00
Latest Forum Posts