Computer Related > Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick Computing Issues
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 11

Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - movilogo
Previously Amazon offered free 2 GB cloud where I could upload my holiday photos and then view via Fire TV stick.

Now Amazon has made it a prime/paid service :(

So what is the next best alternative to watch personal photos via Fire TV.

Looking for free options only.

Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - Zero
You can root your firestick, side load Kodi and then stream photos from a local PC.
 Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - rtj70
You don't even need to root it to install Kodi do you?
 Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - smokie
No, not required.

Google pics is quite good, you can store loads of pics for free, and share with your friends. There's probably some constraints but offhand I can't remember them. I think it's limitless numbers of pcis so long as they are under a certain size.
How do I access Google Photos in Fire TV stick? Which app is required?
Oh yeah, sorry, ignore me, just like I ignored the question :-)

No idea, sorry.

Plex media player *may* be an option if it works with any of the other free cloud storage solutions.My experience of it is only with local storage.
 Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - car4play
It depends on what other hardware you have.
I just airplay from the iPhones to either Apple TV or use the airplay app on the fire stick.
I'm sure there is a similar app for android.
That way navigating is as easy as swiping, you can zoom in etc. And anyone else who has photos of the same event watching can also join in.

For the entire collection of photos I store on synology nas box and use Ds photo to stream.
 Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - Old Navy

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4452728/European-court-rules-fully-loaded-Kodi-boxes-illegal.html
 Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - zippy
>>
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4452728/European-court-rules-fully-loaded-Kodi-boxes-illegal.html
>>

Good.
 Viewing photos in Amazon Fire TV stick - VxFan
Makes no difference. Kodi can still be installed on numerous devices and PCs legally, and the end user can install the necessary add ons. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how to install the add ons, not while there are millions of how2 guides on youtube and the like.
But I guess what will happen is the sources will dry up if law enforcement starts to catch up with them
I have discovered that my TV can read picture files from USB disk. So I can simply plug in the USB drive and it can show the pictures. It can also play media (sound/video) files directly.

So, my problem is solved. Just need to get a USB extension cable as plugging USB drive on back of TV is cumbersome.

Latest Forum Posts