Computer Related > Internet radio with recording Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 13

Internet radio with recording - Mike Hannon
I wonder if anyone can answer what seems to me a simple question, as I am rather out of touch with the latest technology.
Is it possible to buy an internet radio that has a built-in recording facility - ie some sort of hard drive?
I've looked on Amazon and I can't see any that do - even the nicest Roberts one. Is there a reason for this?
We need something for time-shifting UK radio programmes without all the faffing about with satellite box, recorders and timers that we have to do now.
My friend elsewhere in France has an SFR internet box that means she can just get a programme guide on the TV screen and click on a TV or radio programme whenever to record it. Such luxury is denied us in our rural location because our internet speed is 2mb on a good day and often much less. We are promised high-speed broadband before 2030! Don't let anyone ever seduce you with stories of France and advanced technology...
 Internet radio with recording - Manatee
A sledgehammer to crack a nut maybe, but I record a fair bit of radio on our TV (Sony smart TV with a 2TB hdd attached, using the record facility on the TV) and/or on a DMR-PWT530 Panasonic twin tuner PVR /DVD player.

Often there is no need to record if it's just for time shifting, most of what I want is on BBC iPlayer Radio anyway.

Any special difficulties owing to you being in France?

Last edited by: Manatee on Sat 1 Apr 17 at 19:11
 Internet radio with recording - No FM2R
Is this any help?

streamwriter.org/en/

There are alternatives, not that i know any of them.

www.lifewire.com/listen-and-record-music-from-internet-radio-stations-2438486
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 1 Apr 17 at 19:27
 Internet radio with recording - Mike Hannon
Thanks for that. BBC Iplayer doesn't work in France, although some people seem to be able to get round it. Some fellow expats say we need a Humax box, so that might be worth investigation.
 Internet radio with recording - Dog
>>Some fellow expats say we need a Humax box,

That was my first thought as it happens. One like this would do ya:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humax-Foxsat-HD-Freesat-Satellite-TV-Receiver-with-HDMI-/201867971060?hash=item2f0044c9f4:g:zPgAAOSwOgdYuv2s
 Internet radio with recording - Falkirk Bairn
>>so that might be worth investigation.

There are sites that will spoof your IP address making it looks like you are in the UK.
A few ££s per year - it is excellent, if illegal way, of watching the BBC whilst abroad.
 Internet radio with recording - rtj70
I wonder why Pure discontinued the PURE EVOKE-3 without a replacement?

Maybe buy one on eBay? :-)
 Internet radio with recording - CGNorwich

>> There are sites that will spoof your IP address making it looks like you are
>> in the UK.
>> A few ££s per year - it is excellent, if illegal way, of watching the
>> BBC whilst abroad.
>>

Why bother. Use FilmOn App to legally watch all UK TV annyehere in the world.
 Internet radio with recording - rtj70
>> Why bother. Use FilmOn App to legally watch all UK TV annyehere in the world.

Didn't you read the question/header? The question is about Internet Radio. :-) I know we do thread drift here so the info is useful ;-)

Or does FilmOn support the UK radio stations too? But he might prefer to listen on a 'radio'.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 3 Apr 17 at 19:17
 Internet radio with recording - CGNorwich
Didn't you read the question/header? The question is about Internet Radio. :-) I know we do thread drift here so the info is useful ;-)"

If you were to actually bother to look at the post to which I was responding you will see it was about watching TV whilst abroad.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 5 Apr 17 at 17:12
 Internet radio with recording - Mike H
>> Thanks for that. BBC Iplayer doesn't work in France, although some people seem to be
>> able to get round it.

Mediahint, which is a Chrome add-in, costs us $3.95 per month, allows us to watch/listen to iPlayer here in Austria. Possibly available for other browsers.
Last edited by: Mike H on Fri 28 Apr 17 at 22:32
>> >> Thanks for that. BBC Iplayer doesn't work in France, although some people seem to
>> be
>> >> able to get round it.
>>
>> Mediahint, which is a Chrome add-in, costs us $3.95 per month, allows us to watch/listen
>> to iPlayer here in Austria. Possibly available for other browsers.
>>
...just tried it for BBC radio, seems not to work on this computer now, although it has done for the last couple of years on our recently defunct laptop!!

>> >> Mediahint, which is a Chrome add-in, costs us $3.95 per month, allows us to
>> watch/listen
>> >> to iPlayer here in Austria. Possibly available for other browsers.
>> >>
>> ...just tried it for BBC radio, seems not to work on this computer now, although
>> it has done for the last couple of years on our recently defunct laptop!!
>>
I suspect that Mediahint can only be switched on on one computer at a time, because I tried it on our netbook after my last post and it's fine. I think you can get a month's free trial.
 Internet radio with recording - car4play
The TuneIn Radio app on my iPhone has a recording button. It doesn't appear to be able to record a channel at a particular time which is probably what you are looking for, but it does allow you to record what is currently playing.
Latest Forum Posts