Computer Related > Tablet Recommendations Computing Issues
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 8

Tablet Recommendations - maltrap
My Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 has just give up the ghost. I'm looking to replace it with another 10" but not necassarily Samsung. Apple are offering refurbished ipad Air for £209. Does anyone have any experiences of buying refurbs from Apple, or recommend anything. I only use the tablet e-mails, banking etc, so don't need any bells & whistles.
 Tablet Recommendations - rtj70
What is actually wrong with the Galaxy Tab 3?
Won't charge. I've tried disconnecting the battery as shown on numerous youtube sites.
Are you sure it's not the charger/cable that's to blame? Can you try a different one?

Trouble is it's probably got the same proprietary cable as the Galaxy Note 10.1 I have... If you lived near me you could borrow a MicroUSB to Samsung adapter to try with a known working USB cable. Or maybe they changed to a standard cable for the Tab 3?

If it's really the battery then a replacement is easy to fit for you because you've already opened it up. But what if it's not the battery.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 6 Mar 17 at 18:32
I've used the charger to charge my Doro phone, so i'm pretty confident that's ok. Although the tablet is only 26 months old i don't know if the battery is the problem. This one cost me £150 so it doesn't owe me much. So i didn't want to spend much more than £200. As i said i'm only looking for a basic tablet. Thanks for your advice.
>> I've used the charger to charge my Doro phone, so i'm pretty confident that's ok.

Do they use the same cable - my Samsung tablet uses a 30-pin connector, a bit like the original iPod one.

And is there any debris in the socket on the tablet preventing a connection with the cable. It happens.
 Tablet Recommendations - Stuartli
I still use my Google (Samsung) Nexus 10 32GB tablet every day and it's very usable even though it came out in 2012. You can still buy them at a reasonable price (originally £399 in 2012). See:

www.ebay.co.uk/p/Nexus-10-32GB-Wi-Fi-10in-Charcoal-Gray/129614322

This review looked at the Nexus 10 four years on (August 2016) and reaches pretty much the same conclusion as me, including the superb display quality:

www.expertreviews.co.uk/tablets/52635/google-nexus-10-review

At the time of launch, Google subsidised the purchase price in order to promote its Android OS over Apple's MacOS.
 Tablet Recommendations - commerdriver
+1
I still use and like the 7 inch version which I got in, I think, 2013.
 Tablet Recommendations - Stuartli
>> +1
>> I still use and like the 7 inch version which I got in, I think, 2013.>>

This was manufactured by ASUS and is still a highly regarded device as you clearly appreciate.

In the meantime, HTC has been manufacturing the new Google Pixel phones over the past few months.
Latest Forum Posts