Computer Related > iOS 10 Computing Issues
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 22

iOS 10 - car4play
Anyone played with this yet?
 iOS 10 - R.P.
Not risked it yet.
 iOS 10 - Duncan
I have updated ny iPad with it , or 10.0.1, I think it is. Seems to be ok.

My new iPhone has it already installed. Loads of icons that I don't want, but no problems that I can see.
 iOS 10 - VxFan
Girl in the local shop asked me if I'd updated yet, which I hadn't. She said the messaging was now a nightmare and she's sent txt off before finishing writing them, and to people she didn't mean to. And the new messaging features are a PITA too apparently.

I'm going to wait a week of two so they can iron out any bugs.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 16 Sep 16 at 16:26
 iOS 10 - car4play
Well I took the plunge, tried out the new messaging and ended up sending 20 'kisses', 5 fireworks and 30 flame things to one of my daughters - all by mistake of course because I realise that once you create one of these things in the pad area they give you it has already sent it.

iOS 10 - VxFan
That's what the shop girl must have been talking about when she said she was sending stuff to people before finishing the txt.
 iOS 10 - Stuartli
See:

www.theverge.com/2016/9/15/12930974/t-mobile-apple-ios-10-problems (note Update)

www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ios-10-problems/
 iOS 10 - Stuartli
PS

Just come across this:

tinyurl.com/h5qap9f

(Link to Daily Mail guidance on how to revert back to iO9 if undertaken in time)
 iOS 10 - car4play
So far so good. It is actually quite quick. So kudos to Apple for not doing what they have done in the past which is to create an update that makes the iPhone much slower than the previous release.
 iOS 10 - VxFan
Put it on my iPad Air and iPhone SE last night.

Gone has the "swipe right to unlock" function. Slowly getting used to that.

I also notice that the Game Center App has vanished. Can't find a way to add a profile photo to it again.

Can't say I like the new message function. Too much of a pointless gimmick.
 iOS 10 - Rudedog
Somehow my wife has updated her 5c to OS10.

She is on the verge of throwing it out of the window!!

She isn't the best to adapt to new changes, you do not want to be in same room when she is using the Firestick!!

I'm not an Apple person for my mobile devices (still using the excellent BB 10 OS).

Is there a basic list of the popular changes anywhere??
 iOS 10 - VxFan
To be honest there aren't that many changes that should affect operation. Most Apple stuff is self intuitive.

Here's some of the changes.

www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iosapps/ios-10-release-date-uk-best-new-features-ios-10-available-now-3628012/

iOS 10 - Rudedog
Thanks, things seemed to have settled down, unfortunately intuitive doesn't mean much in this case, I've been asked why they don't have a manual!
 iOS 10 - VxFan
>> I've been asked why they don't have a manual!

support.apple.com/en_GB/manuals/iphone
 iOS 10 - Bobby
My emails have changed - previously if you had an email that there had been a chain of related emails, it would show these all individually.

But now it has them all on the one screen that you can scroll through which is a complete pain in the neck.
 iOS 10 - Runfer D'Hills
Royal pain. It was fine as it was.
 iOS 10 - Rudedog
Unfortunately wife is still not getting on with iOS10.

Since the upgrade she has managed to get through her data allowance within four days! usually she has loads left at the end of each month.

There's obviously something running in the background that wasn't there before.

How do I check which app is eating up the data?

iOS 10 - VxFan
Has she got App updates to automatically download, and to use mobile data instead of Wi-Fi only?

With any iOS update, developers then in turn update their apps.

It's in the settings menu, iTunes & App Store.

>>How do I check which app is eating up the data?

Settings - Mobile Data. It will then list all apps that use mobile data, and how much.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 11 Nov 16 at 01:53
 iOS 10 - Roger.
Check that wi-fi is enabled.
My dear lady used nearly 2GB in a matter of 10 days using her phone at home. She had a warning text from Talkmobile that she was close to her limit. I investigated and found her wi-fi was turned off, so all her surfing at home was on the phone network, not our home wi-fi.
Mobile data is now turned off until the next allowance date arrives!
 iOS 10 - R.P.
Get 3 - Unlimited Data ! Had a slight problem with IOS 10. Seemed to think the battery was flat before it actually was and turned the phone off. Latest update arrived the other day seems to have cured that problem.
 iOS 10 - Roger.
Three = no reception indoors, so all piggy-backers on that network are also NBG for us.
 iOS 10 - Rudedog
I think we are going for the wi-fi being off while indoors as the cause, not sure if it defaults to off after the update?

Looking more closely it seems like a few other settings have changed...
 iOS 10 - CGNorwich
"Three = no reception indoors"

Not necessarily a problem if you have WiFi. if you use the Three in Touch App your calls will be seamlessly routed through WIFI. Works brilliantly.

www.three.co.uk/discover/three_intouch
Latest Forum Posts