Computer Related > Picasa3 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 12

Picasa3 - maltrap
All of my photos are stored on Picasa3.

Iam no longer able to E-mail pictures, it was stopped on1st August.

Is there another, similar system i can transfer my pictures to that will let me E-mail photos ?

Thanks in anticipation.
 Picasa3 - Manatee
It's still working for me, and I have heard of no notifications. Try reinstalling.

Don't delete the folders/data though - Picasa will have saved all your edits. Picasa doesn't "keep" your pictures, by default they are all in your Pictures folder. Unless you actively 'save' it doesn't change the picture files either, it just remembers your edits and displays the pictures accordingly.

If you really can't email from Picasa, then you can "export" the pictures at the size (pixel width) and quality you want into a folder on your desktop say, then create an email, attach the picture(s) and send it from whatever mail client or webmail you are using.
 Picasa3 - spamcan61
On any Windows PC that has an email system on it; find the photo you want to email via Windows Explorer, hover the mouse pointer over it, right click, select 'send to' then 'Mail Recipient' from the options that appear. That should fire up an email with the photo already attached.
 Picasa3 - Stuartli
You can also Copy and then Paste a photograph/image into the Message panel of an e-mail and send it to a recipient.
 Picasa3 - Manatee
>> You can also Copy and then Paste a photograph/image into the Message panel of an
>> e-mail and send it to a recipient.

While this and Spamcan's approach might work, the emailed picture would be the unedited version.
 Picasa3 - Stuartli
>>While this and Spamcan's approach might work, the emailed picture would be the unedited version.>>

I was merely pointing out that it could be done - nothing more...:-)
 Picasa3 - BrianByPass
>> there another, similar system i can transfer my pictures to that will let me E-mail photos ?

Follow the advice at picasa.google.com/
Last edited by: BrianByPass on Thu 11 Aug 16 at 11:48
 Picasa3 - maltrap
I rebooted my computer which seems to have sorted it.

I have read that Picasa3 is being "retired" after 1st August.

Thank you all for your advice.
 Picasa3 - Stuartli
>> I rebooted my computer which seems to have sorted it.

I have read that Picasa3 is being "retired" after 1st August.>>

Surely that should be "was retired on..."?

Google is migrating users to its Photos app, but Picasa will still be usable. See:

tinyurl.com/hkku3rw
 Picasa3 - maltrap
I stand corrected Stuart.

Thank you for the link.
 Picasa3 - VxFan
>> Surely that should be "was retired on..."?

Not if it's 1st Aug 2017 ;)
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 11 Aug 16 at 21:29
 Picasa3 - rtj70
sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/Home/Picasa-FAQ/picasa/general-information/0-picasa-retirement

So already 'retired' earlier in 2016. Means no more development. This is for the application.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 11 Aug 16 at 21:50
 Picasa3 - Stuartli
>>Not if it's 1st Aug 2017 ;)>>

But it isn't, so end of story...:-)
Latest Forum Posts