Computer Related > MP3 Recording. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 12

MP3 Recording. - Ted

Probably an easy one to sort out but...
Just ripped a couple of CDs to Windows Media to put on my MP3 in anticipation of a forthcoming motorbike trip.

Ripped very quickly and all ok. When I load them up to send to my MP3, It tells me to click on ' shuffle to MP3 '
A box comes up saying it will refresh the MP3 and delete existing files.
That didn't matter tonight, I didn't have much on and it was still in media so I just reloaded it along with the new stuff.

Basically, I would like to load new tracks and retain what's already on,,ie,,tracks which I may have already removed from media........How ?........Simples ??

Ted
 MP3 Recording. - Zero
What MP3 player is it?

Have you tried opening it as a drive, and dragging and dropping files onto it?
 MP3 Recording. - RattleandSmoke
Windows media player creates WMA files, are you sure your MP3 player supports them? Most modern ones do but some older ones don't.

I would simply back up the existing files on the MP3 player and start from scratch. Just copy the entire lot over Sometimes it simpler than messing about with funny error messages and loosing it all.
 MP3 Recording. - rtj70
>> Windows media player creates WMA

Good point but you can setup WMP to create MP3s too. But it might not be the default. And the MP3 player may play WMA files too.

Snap again Zero.... :-)

We need to know what MP3 player it is though.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 2 Aug 10 at 23:21
 MP3 Recording. - Zero
>> Windows media player creates WMA files,

One click in the options will make it rip to MP3
I am still using an old version of Media Player so didn't realise you can do this now. I guess its all with the EU anti trust thing. I have just checked and just noticed the option. I am about five years behind the times!!

MP3 Recording. - spamcan61
WMP10 and older versions IIRC you had to pay for a plug-in if you wanted to rip to MP3, I think it's free in WMP11. The default is still WMA so any novice users will end up with those.
 MP3 Recording. - Zero
AS far as I remember you have been able to burn MP3 without adding an extra dll since wmp8
 MP3 Recording. - spamcan61
Maybe it is that long ago then, time flies etc....
 MP3 Recording. - rtj70
What MP3 player?

It probably shows up as a removable drive so you can just copy the files on using Windows Explorer.
 MP3 Recording. - Ted

Baffle me with science, would you, you devils ?

It's an AIGO. Probubbly about 5 yrs old .
Comes up as removable E drive.
It's taken everything I offered it tonight OK.

Ted
If it comes up with an E drive as the others said you can simply drag and drop the files and ignore any messages on the MP3 player. Its always much easier than messing about the software that comes with it. I spend far too much of my time helping customers with Itunes for example.
 MP3 Recording. - Ted

Thanks all.
Just plugged it back in whilst WM was set for burn.
A box came up ' Device Setup ' giving you the option to keep existing files or have them removed. It was already ticked for ' Keep '.

It also showed me I've only got 93 MB free space so I think a new one is in order soon !

If I can afford it.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts