Computer Related > Free Microsoft Money? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 9

Free Microsoft Money? - Duncan
I understand that MS changed Money to Money Plus and then stopped selling the program.

Can anyone confirm? Is there a free Money like product out there?
Last edited by: Duncan on Mon 2 Aug 10 at 16:58
 Free Microsoft Money? - Stuartli
Some perhaps of interest:

www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Office-suites/Microsoft-Money-v.shtml

zenhabits.net/6-great-free-alternatives-to-quicken-ms-money/

tinyurl.com/272j9ap

www.giveawayoftheday.com/microsoft+money+freeware/

Free Microsoft Money? - lancara
Have been running my personal accounts (in four different currencies at one stage, but that's another story) on Microsoft Money for the last 10 years. I did a couple of annual upgrades in the early days but found there was very little changing, so have been using MM2002 ever since. Now find that Microsoft changed the database file format at one of the later upgrades, so mine isn't compatible with later free versions. Also MM2002 is the only program I have that won't run normally on Windows 7 - have to use the "troubleshoot compatability" wizard.
 Free Microsoft Money? - Arctophile
Another MS Money fan here.

My 10 year old copy of Money 2000 is one of the most used, and useful, pieces of software on my PC. It still runs fine on my Vista laptop.

It used to be even more useful until The Woolwich (now absorbed by Barclays) stopped fully integrating their accounts. At one time I could complete all my transactions off-line then connect to The Woolwich to pay my bills and update the Money database.

A copy of the "Sunset" edition now downloaded for future reference.
 Free Microsoft Money? - Zero
given that online banking is now so easy, and I can download my bank account statment in CSV is there a need for it (Msmoney) anymore?. MS certainly dont think so.
 Free Microsoft Money? - smokie
Think it did other stuff like managing your portfolio (of debt!) and some useful (to some) reporting functions
Last edited by: smokie on Tue 3 Aug 10 at 23:24
 Free Microsoft Money? - Duncan
As the OP what I was looking for was a program that would give me an overview of all my investments.

The various individual organisations do this of course, but I would like something where, once I have fed the information into the system, would tell me how the total is doing and I could compare one with another, rather than having to make lots of separate calculations.
Last edited by: Duncan on Wed 4 Aug 10 at 07:54
 Free Microsoft Money? - Tooslow
D, set yourself an account up on Trustnet, sounds like that will do what you want.

Other web sites are available, as the BBC would no doubt say.

JH
 Free Microsoft Money? - Roger.
I use Ace Money 3.16
The "light" version is free, but only handles one account; if you need more you'll (ahem!) have to pay.
 Free Microsoft Money? - smokie
I see Microsoft are now doing Microsoft Money Sunset

"he Microsoft Money Plus Sunset versions are replacements for expired versions of Microsoft Money Essentials, Deluxe, Premium, and Home and Business. They allow existing customers to use MoneyPlus to continue accessing their data. Changes to the new versions include file conversions from older versions of Money, no required activation, no online services and no assisted support. "

www.microsoft.com/money/sunset.mspx

but

"File conversion from older versions of Money. The Sunset versions are able to open and convert Money Plus files and files from older versions of Money (e.g. Money 2006, Money 2007). The Sunset version cannot convert files created by regional (non-US) versions of Mon"
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 15 Sep 10 at 21:16
Latest Forum Posts