Computer Related > Sharing a diary on iphones Computing Issues
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 8

Sharing a diary on iphones - BobbyG
Just a thought - is there an easy way to share a diary between family members?

My iphone is linked to my work Microsoft Exchange account and all my contacts diary etc is on it. However it could be handy if I could have a central diary that the 4 of us could share (we all have iphones if relevant)

Thinking of thinks like family events, wife's shifts etc

Is this possible and if so how?
 Sharing a diary on iphones - rtj70
I can't be sure this is possible on an iPhone but probably is.

Could you not setup a Google account you all use that has a calendar. Then all have that calendar on the phone synchronising?

I have my Gmail account syncing diary/contacts to a few Macs and my phone, tablet, etc.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 27 Apr 16 at 10:11
 Sharing a diary on iphones - CGNorwich
support.apple.com/kb/PH2690?locale=en_GB
 Sharing a diary on iphones - Bobby
Cheers CGN - I had searched last night and could only find a family sharing option which although it shared diaries, also meant that I would be responsible for everyones iTunes purchases which I didn't fancy!

Will take a look at it in more detail.
Rob, cheers for that, this was my first thought to set up a standalone account which I may still do although doing some googling suggested that some had encountered issues doing this on iphones and it had wiped existing diaries.

I have subscribed to my football teams diary and it means all their fixtures appear automatically on my phone so I am guessing there must be something similar available.

Being an iphone , I also assumed that Mr Apple would have had a way of sharing this between iphones as he does with so many other things!
 Sharing a diary on iphones - Manatee
How did you resolve this Bobby, if you did?

My wife, daughter and I all use Google calendar and we include all three in our calendar view. I appreciate that might not be what you want, as it means we can all see each other's diary in full (they appear in different colours which helps to avoid confusion). I have had this working on iphone, windows phone, and android.

I thought a "family diary" might be good but I don't want to have to make multiple diary entries.
Em never got any further as the missus told me I was being a control freak!!!

So instead I am just sitting back watching as things unfold around missed events........
 Sharing a diary on iphones - No FM2R
Can you not just all run your separate diaries, but when you want an event / reminder in all 4 simply create it in your diary and invite them to it using their email addresses?

S'wot my wife does when issuing my orders.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 23 May 16 at 22:52
 Sharing a diary on iphones - smokie
Yep likewise, though not on Apple.
Latest Forum Posts