Computer Related > Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC Computing Issues
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 14

Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - Robbie34
I have recently bought a Panasonic Lumix bridge camera as it's easier to lug around than my Canon EOS with its various lenses. Unfortunately, it isn't easy to download the pictures to my PC. The software that came with it does not allow me to download any pictures. My Canon came with software that opens automatically when the camera is connected to the PC.

Does anyone know of a decent program that I can use. My PC is running Windows 10 and doesn't recognise the camera when it's connected.
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - Focal Point
I'm sure someone more expert than me will chime in, but how about putting the memory card in a reader and seeing if that is recognised?

That's what I do with my Lumix - and just download the picture files.
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - Manatee
If you just want to transfer and edit jpegs then just take the card out and put it in the slot that your PC probably has - if not, you need a reader e.g. www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0047T6XWY

I never use the camera's supplied software for this, unless I need to edit raw files from my LX3, which I only did a couple of times when I needed to correct perspective. If what you have is just album/basic edit software then it isn't worth bothering with because you will end up doing something different for every camera you own.

For basic fixes I use Picasa 3, which will also conveniently remember the edits (i.e. you don't lose the original file) and will easily export the edits in whatever resolution is appropriate for sharing/uploading/printing. I took the village panto photographs on Tuesday, in about an hour on Wednesday I edited (mainly crops, straightening up, and a click of contrast) about thirty to send to the parish mag.
Yes, that's what I had to do, but it's a blooming nuisance. I just want to connect the camera to the PC and download the pictures. Don't have to do it with my Canon.
Last edited by: Robbie34 on Fri 19 Feb 16 at 18:30
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - John Boy
I'd use Faststone Image Viewer. It will recognise your camera and download the photos. It's free and obviously not as good as Photoshop, but it can do most things photographers would want to do with a photo.

www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
Thanks for that info. Our posts must have crossed. I've downloaded Faststone.
I'm an idiot. The instructions are not very clear, but you can download the pictures to the PC using the included software. It's a bit convoluted as you can't just connect the camera and it downloads automatically.

Thanks for replies.
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - smokie
I'd say any cameras or other devices with storage which I've ever attached open up a Windows Explorer window, from there just navigate to the pics and cut (or copy) and paste.
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - spamcan61
>> I'm an idiot. The instructions are not very clear, but you can download the pictures
>> to the PC using the included software. It's a bit convoluted as you can't just
>> connect the camera and it downloads automatically.
>>
>> Thanks for replies.
>>
I recall the SW with my Lumixes was a bit crap in this respect, I use Picasa to copy new files from my phones / cameras to a common archive.
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - Dog
I have a Lumix FZ200 with which I upload the images to my PC using the supplied PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3PE.
What could be easier than that?

I also have Silkypix Developer Studio 3.1 SE installed on said PC.
 Downloading Pictures From Panasonic Lumix To PC - Focal Point
"I also have Silkypix Developer Studio 3.1 SE installed on said PC."

Did you know version 4.4 is available as a free upgrade? Not that there's any obvious difference between this and earlier versions. It's a fairly clunky bit of software at the best of times.
>>Did you know version 4.4 is available as a free upgrade?

Thanks FP, I'll check it out.
It's not that straightforward. Connect the camera to PC, switch on, and then open Photo fun. You then have to press the up and down arrows on the camera to select PC, and press Menu/Set.

Connect my Canon and switch ON and the Canon software opens automatically. You can then choose to select the pics you want or download all. You don't have to mess around with the camera to do this.
>>It's not that straightforward

Tis on my FZ200.

>>Connect my Canon and switch ON and the Canon software opens automatically. You can then choose to select the pics you want or download all. You don't have to mess around with the camera to do this.

Same as on my Pana.
Do you mean that you download your pictures same as the Canon?
Latest Forum Posts