Computer Related > Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word Computing Issues
Thread Author: Slidingpillar Replies: 7

Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Slidingpillar
If you think you'd turned off all the spying of Windows 10, think again. The latest 'update' foisted Skype and some other stuff along with enabling some settings you'd turned off.

First I knew was getting a spam message wanting to Skype me in the action centre. Quite obviously, I've never used Skype and indeed, use none of the foisted other apps.

Just been through my 'settings' and the privacy option and had to turn all sorts of things off.

Microsoft - the promoter of Linux...
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Aretas
Latest update didn't give me Skype.
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - smokie
Latest update won't install on mine...!!
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Zero
>> If you think you'd turned off all the spying of Windows 10, think again. The
>> latest 'update' foisted Skype and some other stuff along with enabling some settings you'd turned
>> off.

I did warn, on these very pages, but would they listen? Oh noo they wouldn't.
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Stuartli
Try one of the Windows10 privacy activation/deactivation utilities such as:

www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/w10privacy.html
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Fursty Ferret
All I can say is thank god that Macbooks don't come with stuff like FaceTime, or iTunes, or Pages, or Sheets, or iPhoto, or iMovie, or Messages, or Mail, or Maps, or Notes, or Safari. We'd be completely stuffed if something useful got installed on our computers.

I mean, what would happen if your bought something running OSX and you didn't know that "diagnostic and usage information will be periodically sent to Apple anonymously".

Skype is nothing more invasive than an email client or calendar app.
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Kevin
An application can, and should, be useful without harvesting personal information and hiding the user's consent behind thousands of words of legal jargon that they know will not be read and much less understood.
 Microsoft is a right nosey - insert swear word - Roger.
Spybot Beacon is free and works well, but note it alters your hosts file, to "blacklist" certain sites. One of these is ad. doubleclick net which stops some links , especially the ads, from Google search results.
Latest Forum Posts