Computer Related > Nexus 9 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 6

Nexus 9 - bathtub tom
SWMBO's birthday present's arrived, a Nexus 9. I've plugged it in and get a white battery on screen, briefly. I press the on/off button and get a white battery on screen, briefly. I get nothing else on screen. I've tried touching the screen, swiping it, nothing.

Am I being a complete numpty, or is there something obvious I'm missing?

Nexus 9 - Bromptonaut
Are you sure it is fully charged? I know most things hold charge better than early mobiles which were delivered dead but the recommendation to charge fully before first use is still pretty common.

Leave it connected to mains for a couple of hours and see if it works then.
 Nexus 9 - bathtub tom
It came with no instructions other than a pictorial showing where the power lead goes, the on/off and volume.

The battery symbol would appear to show it's fully charged, but I'll leave it a while.

It's brand new.
 Nexus 9 - VxFan
>> It came with no instructions other than a pictorial showing where the power lead goes,
>> the on/off and volume.

A lot of things are like this nowadays and you have to use an on line manual.

www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/google-nexus-9-manual-user-setup-guide

>> I press the on/off button and get a white battery on screen, briefly. I get nothing else on
>> screen.

"Turn on your Nexus 9 tablet by pressing and holding the power button for a couple of seconds. The power button can be found in the right-hand corner of the tablet, and when pressed for 2-3 seconds you will see the screen light up."
 Nexus 9 - Stuartli
It's likely that the Nexus would have been already charged, less what has gradually been used since manufacture and eventual purchase.

However, I have a Google Nexus 10 and it can prove a bit of a pain to get it to start charging. Pushing the power button on or, alternatively the mains switch, for a couple of seconds and off again two or three times usually gets it going.
 Nexus 9 - bathtub tom
Numpty mode off. Seems I wasn't holding the on/off button long enough. It's now talking to me.
 Nexus 9 - VxFan
>> It's now talking to me.

Quick, call the men in white coats ;)
Latest Forum Posts