Computer Related > Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PhilW Replies: 7

Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome - PhilW
When I log onto Car4Play on Edge I get some unobtrusive ads for various things (eg Samsung V-Nand at top of page, Wedding Venues to the right and Salesforce at bottom of page at the mo)
However if I log on with Chrome I get huge Amazon Ads in large orange boxes saying "SHOP, CONNECT, ENJOY in the same places. Just as annoying is the fact that these appear across many videos (eg highlights of rugby matches, any video in a news item (Telegraph etc).
There is no little cross to get rid of the ad and if I click on a little grey "Privacy" at the bottom of the ad I just get a full Amazon ad and no other options.
I have uninstalled Chrome and re-installed - no solution. Done a full scan with Windows Defender - no probs found.
Using Windows 10.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance,
P
 Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome - Roger.
Adblock Plus IS available for Chrome.
Stops most adverts.
 Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome - sherlock47
But also removes revenue from this site!
 Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome - BrianByPass
Ads are usually targetted at you based on cookies stored in the cache relating to web sites you have visited. Try clearing your cookie cache and see what you get next time you are on car4play.

Alternatively follow Roger's advice and install adblockers and/or Ghostery.
 Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome - Roger.
Amongst the Adblock Plus options in Chrome, is one to white-list selected websites.
In Firefox, it is possible to enable/disable Adblock Plus on any site which you are visiting.
I cannot speak for Edge or Opera as I never use them.
Thanks for your replies. I tried Adblock but instead of the big orange ads I just got big grey blocks with nothing in them!
I have emptied all caches etc using CCleaner but ads are still here. They replace the ads that are usually found on Cars4Play which I don't mind and also cover up the "Cars 4Play A passion for motoring".
This problem only occurs on my laptop, not desktop and only on chrome. I have been through quite a few of my "Favorites" and all of them on Chrome have the ads (though not as obtrusive as on here - they just replace other ads) but none of them have the ads on Edge. Websites include national newspapers, local rugby sites and even a couple of sites based in USA.
Guess I'll just stop using Chrome on laptop!
Thanks again
P
Update.
Thought I'd give Avast a try. Did full scan and it came up wit 4 files infected with some Adware infection.
Now on Chrome and only one orange Amazon ad, unobtrusive, at top of page,
P
 Annoying Amazon Ads on Chrome - Focal Point
Phil, if you use Opera, for extra security you can install Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin. And if you install Ghostery you will see no ads whatsoever on this site.
Last edited by: Focal Point on Wed 27 Jan 16 at 22:11
Latest Forum Posts