Computer Related > Outlook Computing Issues
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 9

Outlook - maltrap
Just tried to "forward" an E-mail on my new version of Outlook.

There isn't a "forward" button anymore does anyone know how i can do this ?

Thanks in anticipation
 Outlook - tyrednemotional
....if it's the web version, (my client version has the forward button)

...open the email you wish to forward

...click the "reply" button

..."forward" should appear as a drop-down menu option (along with reply and reply all)

Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Sat 16 Jan 16 at 11:55
 Outlook - maltrap
Sorry tyrednemotional, opened the E-mail but can't see a "reply" button

Thanks for your help
...is this using Outlook.com (to log on to webmail) - to which the above applies,

....or using an installed Office365 version of Outlook (Outlook 2015 or 2016)?
...whichever of these, a right mouse click on the non-opened email (for me) brings up a menu that includes the forward option.

...Outlook.com has a "reply" option in the top, ribbon menu - which, as above, if selected will give a drop-down.

...Outlook 2016 has a "forward" option on the "Home" tab at the top.
 Outlook - maltrap
If i right click on the unopened email one ofthe options is "forward" but clicking on it has no effect.
My computer has Windows Vista & IE9
...then I am at a loss.

All the above work for me.

I'm assuming that you're using Outlook Web Access (given the reference to IE9).

This installs in two versions, the full on a later set of mainly Microsoft browsers, and a "light" version which installs on some non-MS browsers, and on deprecated MS browsers and Operating Systems.

Vista and IE9 should install the full version, but you may just have the light version. Even then, a forward button should be reasonably obvious.
 Outlook - smokie
Is it a trial version of Outlook which has run out, or has the activation not been completed?

Exactly which version of Outlook is it?
 Outlook - maltrap
I think i've sorted it. I upgraded the browser from IE9 to Firefox (quite a big step for someone with my computer knowledge) This version is called Outlook (preview) Just need to sort out the icons along the top of my favorite sites.
Thanks for your help.
 Outlook - smokie
Outlook (preview) appears to be a new interface for Outlook.com in preparation for moving everyone to an Outlook 265 type programme. It is not widely liked as far as I can see.

www.thurrott.com/cloud/microsoft-consumer-services/outlook/3607/microsoft-announces-major-changes-coming-to-outlook-com

Good luck!!
Latest Forum Posts