Computer Related > Price checking software Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 4

Price checking software - bathtub tom
My 'invisible hand' seems to have stopped working, so I re-installed it and also installed 'price goblin'. That also doesn't seem to work, despite re-booting.

I can't find any obvious reason and wonder if anyone here can enlighten me.

I'm running windows 7 ultimate and firefox 43.0.4 browser.
 Price checking software - Crankcase
Did that to me once and it was because of NoScript (blocking software I was running). If you are blocking anything with Adblock, or have Cookie Monster or Ghostery etc, you might need to whitelist some bits to allow invisible hand to work again.
I only run Ad Blocker and it's been working in conjunction with that for quite some time, but I disabled it just to make sure.

Everything slowed down considerably, half my screen's now covered in adverts and it made no difference to the price checkers.

I've re-enabled it.

I've been sent a possible solution to the problem:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/invisiblehand/

This will disable add-on signature enforcement; Enter about:config into your Firefox address bar Click the I'll be careful button Find xpinstall.signatures.required in the list Right click the preference Select Toggle until the value is false support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox

wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/AddOns/Status/Updates#Exec_Summary “Currently targeting Signing with no pref to turn off in Firefox 47”

This is way beyond my expertise, is it likely to cause any problems?
 Price checking software - MD
Brave man. It's all just Greek to me!
Latest Forum Posts