Computer Related > Rotating videos Computing Issues
Thread Author: commerdriver Replies: 4

Rotating videos - commerdriver
Quick query, I have accumulated a few videos over Christmas (taken by wife. kids etc) which are 90 degrees rotated. I had a windows XP prog which rotated these as required but don't have it any more.

There are thousands of windows progs / android apps out there which say they can do it.
Does anybody know of one which will do it and which will not infest my pc/tablet or otherwise try to download something nasty.

Have been considering getting a video edit tool for a while so a paid for one which does some editing might be best (a free one which does video rotate and some editing would be better)

Any suggestions?
 Rotating videos - smokie
See www.wikihow.com/Rotate-a-Video.

You may remember I was trying to do some stuff with the audio track of a video, and I tried quite a number of apps. The one I ended up with, both of which seemed fairly capable and were genuinely free, were XMedia Recode and VideoPad Video Editor. The latter was the one which did what I needed.
 Rotating videos - spamcan61
I'd use Windows Live Movie Maker, although it does depend to a degree on what format you want to save the corrected video in:-

www.howtogeek.com/howto/14751/rotate-a-video-90-degrees-with-vlc-or-windows-live-movie-maker/
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Wed 6 Jan 16 at 16:48
 Rotating videos - No FM2R
Moviemaker can disastrously reduce the resolution of your video. Usually does in my experience.
 Rotating videos - commerdriver
Thanks Smokie, I will give it a go
Latest Forum Posts