Computer Related > SPAM BT Yahoo filtering? Computing Issues
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 3

SPAM BT Yahoo filtering? - sherlock47
The BT Yahoo email spam filter has done a pretty good job for me for the last 15 years or so. In the last 2 days I have been hit with a wave of Spam (usual stuff ) that has not been intercepted by the SPAM filter.

Has anybody else had a similar problem?

On a similar theme has anybody got definitive information on when the much heralded transfer over to the BT provided email service will take place? They have moved some people, but it was originall trailed about 18months ago!
 SPAM BT Yahoo filtering? - Zero
Yes, one of my email accounts has been bombarded starting recently, a major legitimate music web site is being spoofed in a sophisticated manner fooling the spam filters on major ISPs and they are struggling to catch up

They are catching up tho
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 10:21
 SPAM BT Yahoo filtering? - smokie
Not really relevant but Virgin switched their mail backend to something else earlier in the year and it has taken months for their SPAM filters to settle in. I'm still getting outbound mails rejected because servers are on blacklists which shouldn't be, and it considers some inbound mails have spam content when they don't.

But on the whole they do a pretty good job of it as there are literally millions of span mails floating around out there.
 SPAM BT Yahoo filtering? - hjd
One of my accounts is a BT one. There are often waves of spam which get caught, but I agree - for the last couple of days there has been quite a bit of really obvious spam which hasn't been caught in the filter.
I also have a sky email address, which is also run by yahoo, but haven't had the same problem with that.
Latest Forum Posts