Computer Related > Iphone query Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 7

Iphone query - Bobby
Quick question, when you open a link within an email , so the webpage opens, is there an easy way to get back to the email itself or do you need to double click the button and reopen the email?
There doesn't seem to be a "back" button as such ?

Iphone 6
 Iphone query - Zero
its poor implantation on the iPhone, there is no "back" function.

Sometimes For Mail and Messages it's in the top left corner and it is usually labeled with the page your going to go back to.
 Iphone query - VxFan
No different to using Windows. You click on a link in Outlook (or whatever your email client is) which then opens the link in Internet Explorer (or whatever web browser you use).

The Email and browser Apps on an iPhone are separate too - unless you're looking at your emails on-line, in which case just close the newly opened browser tab and return to the email browser tab.

The back button on your browser just returns you to the previous page you were looking at. If the link in your email opens a new browser tab then how can you go revert to the previous page when it's opened in a new page?
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 24 Jun 15 at 14:04
 Iphone query - Bobby
That's fine and all makes sense - this is my first iphone having always had android.

My query on this makes me think that android must do things differently but I can't remember - I am sure there was a back button to take you from chrome back to the email, or by closing the chrome you went back to email.

Not sure which but pretty sure that aspect must have been better on android or I wouldn't have noticed it on the iphone!
 Iphone query - No FM2R
Yes, there is a back button on an Android.

Out of interest, which is any aspects have you found better on the iPhone?
 Iphone query - Bobby
Have actually found the iphone to be surprisingly good. My last android (Sony) got so bad with freezing and having to switch on/off all the time that a Nokia 3200 would be better than it was in its latter stages!

I find the email / calendar and contacts seem to "work" better on the iphone (synching with Exchange).
For work reasons my phone must be security protected. The fingerprint sensor is hugely better than having to enter a 4 digit PIN every time.

Other than that, I like the size, the feel and general usibilty of it! Oh and imessages are handy when all the rest of my family have iphones.
 Iphone query - Zero

>> My query on this makes me think that android must do things differently but I
>> can't remember - I am sure there was a back button to take you from
>> chrome back to the email, or by closing the chrome you went back to email.

Yes - There is a back button on Android

>> Not sure which but pretty sure that aspect must have been better on android or
>> I wouldn't have noticed it on the iphone!

Android is far superior in app and window navigation.
 Iphone query - movilogo
Android is way more customisable (even without being root) than iOS.

However, if hardware is poor, Android experience will be poor as well - which often users attributes to Android OS where as it is due to hardware not being up to the mark.

Latest Forum Posts