Computer Related > Firefox Full Screen Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 5

Firefox Full Screen - Ambo
Three days ago, having installed Firefox, I was exploring its facilities. I clicked on the "triple bar" icon, top right, and saw Full Screen. It was already fairly full, with a background border, but I clicked on this and got it fuller, so full the top line disappeared, along with the top right x. Hence, no way of exiting without a hard stop.

On restart, I got a normal screen for less than a second, then full. After several attempts, I managed to capture the normal screen by its own x and it stayed, only to revert to full on re-clicking to close. I ran MSE/CCleaner/Malwarebytes, to no effect.

Luckily, I had not yet cancelled IE and found it unaffected. I would prefer Firefox so can anyone a.) kindly suggest a remedy and b.) say what they think about a well established programme containing such an easily-triggered trap?
 Firefox Full Screen - Manatee
It isn't broken. No virus or anything.

Either:

Press F11 (you can also do this to go to full screen); or

Using the mouse, put your pointer on the top right edge of the screen. The three bar thing and the options will reappear so you can click black to standard screen.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 7 Jun 15 at 13:35
 Firefox Full Screen - Manatee
Perhaps I should have added that

- you can also change tabs without toggling full screen, or use the other controls on the bar, by moving your pointer to the top edge.

- full screen might also hide the task bar. If you want to switch programs, easiest to use Alt+ TAB, or with the mouse you can again move it to the top edge and click the 'minimise' button in the corner (the one that looks like a minus sign).

Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 7 Jun 15 at 14:27
 Firefox Full Screen - Ambo
Many thanks. With these forums, who needs Wikipedia?
 Firefox Full Screen - Stuartli
F11 works equally well with Internet Explorer as do, for example, Ctrl and + or Ctrl and - to Enlarge or Reduce the size of page fonts.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Sun 7 Jun 15 at 18:18
 Firefox Full Screen - VxFan
As well as holding down the ctrl key and using the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in/out (decrease or increase the page size)
Latest Forum Posts