Computer Related > Garmin Express & Task Manager Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 7

Garmin Express & Task Manager - Roger.
I'm not able to open my installed Garmin Express.
After uninstalling it, to reinstall, I cannot reinstall it (even as administrator & with ALL security, i.e. firewall & AV, disabled) If I click the downloaded .exe file (from Garmin via an emailed link from their helpline, so it's genuine & the latest) I get the usual Windows pop up asking if I want to install the program. On clicking "Yes", the usual hourglass appears for a few seconds, disappears and nothing further happens.The same lack of progress effect is seen if I try safe mode installation.
In fact nothing with the Garmin name works at all!

I have tried installing a different program (Mozilla Backup) which installed perfectly, so the problem is Garmin specific, I think.

Any ideas?

Another observation - I'm running W7, 64 bit, fully updated and notice that Task Manager no longer has tabs for programs, processes etc. There is only a single window for processes and no "close" (red X) button either. I have to close it by right clicking the icon in the task bar and selecting close from there.

Is this normal now, or is it just me?

Garmin Express & Task Manager - smokie
No idea on the Garmin.

I had the Task manager issue a week or so back (also on 64bit W7). Can't remember what I did to correct it though. Maybe I pressed the Alt key. (The reason I'd have done this is that the Alt hides and displays menu bars in some programmes e.g. iTunes). It was something very simple like that which cured it. Never seen it before or again so maybe it's related to an update.

EDIT: Double click somewhere in the inner border, that fixes it.
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 12 Mar 15 at 16:41

>> I had the Task manager issue a week or so back (also on 64bit W7).
>> Can't remember what I did to correct it though. Maybe I pressed the Alt key.
>> (The reason I'd have done this is that the Alt hides and displays menu bars
>> in some programmes e.g. iTunes). It was something very simple like that which cured it.
>> Never seen it before or again so maybe it's related to an update.
>>
>> EDIT: Double click somewhere in the inner border, that fixes it.

Ta very much - the double click worked :-)
 Garmin Express & Task Manager - Focusless
Some Garmin ideas here:
forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?98329-Can-t-install-Garmin-express-on-windows-7-x64-Failed-Try-Again
Garmin suggested I install on a different computer.
Just put it on my wife's laptop, Windows 8.1, 64 bit, with no problem at all!
It has to be something which has not loaded on my laptop, despite several restarts, which both the Garmin Express and the program's installer both need to run.
Hmm!
At least I can now use the other laptop to update my Nüvi !! (If I can prise it away from SWMBO)
 Garmin Express & Task Manager - Zero
nk.
>>
>> Any ideas?

What AV are you running. And turn off all those other "safety" blockers you have as well.
 Garmin Express & Task Manager - smokie
Did you re-download it? Delete from your downloads folder first.
Garmin support have been very, very good.
1 phone call (free-phone) and three emails.
Sorted, and now installed & working, after they said "repair .net framework."
Did that from Control Panel/Programs & Features, which gives remove or repair option.
Last edited by: Roger. on Thu 12 Mar 15 at 19:39
Latest Forum Posts