Computer Related > Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 8

Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - smokie
I've tried a few free products to sync my Outlook and Android calendars and all have had their drawbacks so I'm now thinking there must be a better way. Maybe using just one calendar like Google calendar or something? I do like the integration of Outlook calendar on my PC. Most events/editing would be done at the PC end. I don't mind having to plug in occasionally to sync but wireless would be better, and not having to remember to do anything would be better still.

Anyone here doing this or got any thoughts on different methods?
 Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - No FM2R
I get on well witb the integration and functionality of Google Calendar. I sync wirelessly and enter dates from PC, phone or directly from email.

However, I don't like the display on the phone so I simply downloaded a widget I did like.
 Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - Zero
yes I use google calendar, used it to synch iPhone and Macbook air, now use it too synch macbook, android phone and android pad.
Hmmm that's interesting, I was asking the question because having rebuilt my computer yet again last weekend I lost my Outlook calendar, and although I can retrieve it from backups I was thinking it's time to move on from it. So on checking my Google calendar, I must have at some time set up a sync to it, as it has nearly all the stuff I can think of already in it.

I guess Google calendar is a good way to go as it is likely to be supported and device compatibility will be improved over time. I would like a way to view/manage it in Outlook so will go on a hunt for that functionality.

UPDATE: First hits look promising...www.howtogeek.com/171278/how-to-view-your-google-calendars-in-outlook-2013/

support.office.com/en-au/article/See-your-Google-Calendar-in-Outlook-c1dab514-0ad4-4811-824a-7d02c5e77126

and a new open source sync programme I'd not seen before outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 27 Feb 15 at 08:39
 Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - BobbyG
I use Microsoft Exchange at work so my android phone syncs all diary and contacts with that.

I don't knowingly use any other calendars but who knows with Mr Google!

The benefit of this is if I have to reset my phone, or change phone, then its just a case of putting the settings in again and everything re appears!

You do lose the individual ring tones for contacts though.
 Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - Bromptonaut
The calender in LiveMail works for me and syncs with my Android phone. My needs are pretty simple though.
 Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - rtj70
I used to sync my work Outlook/Exchange calendar with Google using a Google provided Outlook plug-in. And then it stopped working and no matter what I did the latest version had issues. This was so I could see my calendar for work on my Android phone. I had a work calendar and private/personal calendar on Google.

I looked at various free and paid for options and decided that since I actually wanted to have separate private and work calendars then another calendar free calendar service might work out. So I tried one that had a sync client for Outlook and Android and have used that since.

But you're wanting to sync Outlook and Google and the free options never worked out for me when I last looked.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 27 Feb 15 at 09:51
Yeah I used the same plug-in, they discontinued it except for businesses.

Google wasn't the key to this at the start of this call but it does have an appeal now I've thought about it (reducing my dependency on Microsoft product).

Which sync tool are you using? I tried a few and found them to be 1) clumsy and 2) buggy. I wasn't prepared to pay for any of the ones I tried, though if there had been a good one, light touch etc I would have considered it.
 Outlook & Android - 1 calendar, or how to sync - rtj70
The one I'm using (and trusting therefore them to hold a copy of my calendar) is OneMediaHub. There's a plug-in for Outlook and a client for Android. It will also sync files, photos, videos and contacts. So I do not sync Outlook with Google anymore. So I have my personal (Google) calendar and this other one.

OneMediaHub used to be called Funambol. The OneMediaHub site is a demo of their sync product.

onemediahub.com/ui/jsp/login.jsp

Google calendar for me syncs with the Android phone, Android tablets, iMac and Macbook Pro.
Latest Forum Posts