Computer Related > A3 colour scanner Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 9

A3 colour scanner - Mapmaker
Recommendations, please for an A3, colour scanner. Easy to use, reasonably fast - though it doesn't require a sheet feeder.

I'd generally think second hand, but the eBay choice is either bewildering, or tiny, depending on point of view. £500 will buy you a full colour photocopier...
I should add it needs to be flat bed as the items to be scanned may be fragile. What do I mean by reasonably fast, I guess 10 seconds for an A3 page, maximum.
 A3 colour scanner - commerdriver
>> I guess 10 seconds for an A3 page, maximum.
>>
I would suggest that will depend as much on the resolution & colour quality you want and the computer which is driving it, as the scanner itself.
Are you scanning to display on an A3 display and are you intending the "10 seconds" ti be start of scan to complete full screen picture displayed.

>Are you scanning to display on an A3 display

The pictures will be going on the web, and may be emailed to third parties; so potentially yes.

>"10 seconds"

Our photocopier at work will scan pretty much instantly and email it. I was allowing it to be a little slower as the budget isn't thousands... If you're telling me that a new computer will be required, then so be it.
 A3 colour scanner - Duncan
HP OfficeJet 7612? £149.00

It's a printer/scanner. Is that what you want?
Last edited by: Duncan on Mon 16 Feb 15 at 16:51
>It's a printer/scanner. Is that what you want?

No need for the printer bit...
 A3 colour scanner - bathtub tom
Digital camera and supporting frame?
 A3 colour scanner - sajid
or a canon scanner i got the canoscan 9000f it also scan negatives can be used as a photocopier
 A3 colour scanner - Focusless
>> or a canon scanner i got the canoscan 9000f

Not A3 size, although supports "stitching" of 2 A4 scans together apparently.
 A3 colour scanner - Stuartli
Sure this question has been asked before a while back and at that time IIRC the verdict was that there are very few, if any, A3 scanners on the market now.
Latest Forum Posts