Computer Related > Which Printer?? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: MD Replies: 4

Which Printer?? - MD
In truth we don't print very much, but don't want to go Mono only. Have had a Brother, and 2 Canons. I'm open to suggestions. Ink cost does have a bearing on it all. Experiences please?
 Which Printer?? - MD
Sorted. Samsung CLP 360 from Printerbase.
 Which Printer?? - Ambo
Canon 5350, very smooth running and quiet but often takes time out before the first job of a session to do some sort of maintenance job on itself. The ink system is very easy to operate, a good thing as there are 5 different cartridges but after an "empty" warning it carries on for 100 or more sheets extra without print deterioration. It will print back to back and has two paper feeds, so I suppose you could use one for ordinary text or spreadsheets and the other for photos but I don't print those so can't comment on their quality.
 Which Printer?? - busbee
A second vote for the 5350.

It also has a good copier. And a wireless link that lights a blue indicator when working.

Ink: You can buy non-canon cartridges for as little as £10 for two sets and they are OK to use! I have been using them for the last 2-3 years! Or they were £10 last time I bought.

I have a colour test sheet I made to test all the inks without using too much ink and I do a copy printout of that, just on the same A4 paper, and it shows good colour accuracy. If the printer has not been used lately I do a single sheet printout, to keep the head in good condition, every 3 - 4 weeks. So far that has worked.
 Which Printer?? - Stuartli
I had a Canon BJC600e for 10 years (four cartridges) followed by my current Epson R300 (six cartridges) and have always used compatible cartridges from www.7dayshop.com and www.diskdepot.co.uk; none of the cartridges have ever given me any problems, whilst the financial savings have been remarkable.

These are listed as being Canon 5350 compatible from DiskDepot:

tinyurl.com/k6tvxs4

Ususually costs me less than a five for a set of six cartridges for the Epson R300; I buy four or five sets at a time to make the most of the delivery charge.

Latest Forum Posts