Computer Related > I-phone 4 Bluetooth... Computing Issues
Thread Author: MD Replies: 20

I-phone 4 Bluetooth... - MD
...seemingly does not recognise any other devices including my I-pad. Other peoples phones seem to recognise mine. I have re-booted the phone. Any ideas please?
 I-phone 4 Bluetooth... - Zero
What version of iOS are you on?

ipod.about.com/od/iphonehowtos/a/Iphone-Bluetooth-Pairing.htm
I've tried again but to no avail!
at what step in the instructions above does not work?
None of it. Bluetooth is on on both I phone 4 and I-pad mini2. No see each other. Even Erin's I phone 4s doesn't work either. Mildly baffled!
 I-phone 4 Bluetooth... - VxFan
BT connectivity doesn't work between my iPhone4 and iPad Air either.

Still on iOS 7 for both devices.
what exactly do you want to do with blu tooth once you have it sorted? You may be disappointed because the iPhone does not do a lot of blu tooth stuff.
>> what exactly do you want to do with blu tooth once you have it sorted?
>> You may be disappointed because the iPhone does not do a lot of blu tooth
>> stuff.
>>
Now he tells me.....

It clearly doesn't do anything! Firstly I'd like to see it working, i.e. finding a device. The main reason that I wanted to use it was to send a picture that I had taken to a chap in the Pub. His cheap non smartfone (sic) recognised my 'thing', but as stated, my 'thing' wouldn't recognise his.

The only other time ive used BT was for an earpiece whilst driving.

>> It clearly doesn't do anything! Firstly I'd like to see it working, i.e. finding a
>> device. The main reason that I wanted to use it was to send a picture
>> that I had taken to a chap in the Pub. His cheap non smartfone (sic)
>> recognised my 'thing', but as stated, my 'thing' wouldn't recognise his.
>>
>> The only other time ive used BT was for an earpiece whilst driving.

discussions.apple.com/thread/4906077
 I-phone 4 Bluetooth... - VxFan
If it's an Apple device to Apple device, can't you just 'kiss' them together to pass things across?
if you want to send stuff from your iPhone to your iPad you use your iCloud.

Shoulda got the Hudl2. Wouldn't listen to i tho.
 I-phone 4 Bluetooth... - rtj70
>> if you want to send stuff from your iPhone to your iPad you use your iCloud.

You need WiFi for that if the iPad is not a 3G variant surely.

Are you saying you cannot send a photo from an iPhone to iPad using Bluetooth?? I suppose Airdrop is Bluetooth plus WiFi.

But Martin's requirement is to send a photo from his iPhone to another phone via Bluetooth.... So iCloud is irrelevant.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 29 Jan 15 at 22:31
Confused.com

>> You need WiFi for that if the iPad is not a 3G variant surely.

I think he bought the 3g variety.

>> Are you saying you cannot send a photo from an iPhone to iPad using Bluetooth??

Correct.

>> But Martin's requirement is to send a photo from his iPhone to another phone via
>> Bluetooth.... So iCloud is irrelevant.

Well he aint doing it. Unsupported. (without some flakey third party apps anyway)
 I-phone 4 Bluetooth... - rtj70
>> if you want to send stuff from your iPhone to your iPad you use your iCloud.

You were one of those on here to recommend an iPhone. This has nothing to do with iPad vs Hudl2. He's trying to send images from his phone to another. Something I could do on an old Nokia 6230 a long time ago using Bluetooth.

>> You were one of those on here to recommend an iPhone.

Don't start blaming me, I never told him to buy an iPhone. And I told him not to buy an iPad.

My hands are clean.
 I-phone 4 Contacts going missing - MD
As per the header. At least two and I suspect many more in my contact list have just disappeared from the phone. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sensible replies please cos I've already worked out the funnies!!
 I-phone 4 Contacts going missing - Manatee
Have you "done" anything recently, such as update the OS?

Where do the contacts sync from or back up to? Or do they just live on your phone?

I don't trust anything to work 100% - mine are synced with Google, but syncing isn't foolproof if it syncs accidental deletions, so I export the contacts now and again and save the file to googledrive as a CSV. If all else fails I can re-import them.
 I-phone 4 Contacts going missing - Zero
what do you synch them with? delete one elsewhere and the synch whips it out of the others.
 I-phone 4 Contacts going missing - MD
It synchs with the cloud (I presume). the missing 2 entries would never had been deleted.

Another thing that happened some months ago was that several entries had been duplicated and some triplicated!!
Latest Forum Posts