Computer Related > USB in and out Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 9

USB in and out - Ambo
My Yamaha music centre has a USB slot for input devices like iPads. Can it be used with a suitable dongle to output the sound of radio and CDs to Bluetooth headphones?
 USB in and out - Focusless
Try again :)
www.amazon.co.uk/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Audio-Out-Black/dp/B003QOJCZG/
 USB in and out - smokie
He said USB. That's a jack plug if ever I saw one. Interesting though... :-)
 USB in and out - Zero
He offered that because thats the solution. In answer to the original question the answer is No, you can't stick a USB dongle in the USB port of your stereo. Well you can, but it wont do anything.
Yeah, I originally said I doubted there was a USB solution in the reply I deleted when I realised I'd posted a link to a receiver rather than a transmitter :)
 USB in and out - Ambo
Thanks anyway for a very rapid response. There are two 3.5mm jack sockets, one on the front labelled "Headphones" in the manual and one on the back labelled "Aux", for "External devices". The manual does not explain whether "Aux" is for input or output. Which one of these would the dongle be plugged into please?
 USB in and out - Bromptonaut
Aux could be either in or out. If it works with the dongle it's out if not it's in.

Headphones will certainly work but almost equally certainly cuts the speakers out.
>> ... but almost equally certainly cuts the speakers out.

...which is probably desirable if using bluetooth headphones?
 USB in and out - Bromptonaut
>> ...which is probably desirable if using bluetooth headphones?

Probably but not certainly. I'm thinking of (a) phones used for hard of hearing without being too loud for rest of family (b) phones as 'extension speakers'.
 USB in and out - Zero
>> Aux could be either in or out.

Aux is "In"
Latest Forum Posts