Computer Related > iTunes scam? Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 3

iTunes scam? - Ambo
Has anyone else received an email, allegedly from iTunes, such as I got yesterday? It is a receipt for £38.59 in respect of "software". The instructions are to ignore if I had ordered this; if I had not, to open a link to cancel, which I am disinclined to do for fear of what might happen.

There is no debit so far to my credit card account. I have Netflix but have never been involved with iTunes.

iTunes scam? - Haywain
I haven't received this one, but it sounds like a scam to me. The wretched things seem to be flying in from all directions at the moments and they keep mutating into fresh forms!
 iTunes scam? - spamcan61
There is a lot of it about at the moment. Just this minute had a 'you account is locked please click this link' email from Apple, second this week. Also a lot of email pretending to be from eBay urging me to click links because there's a problem with an item I've bought or some such bullcrappery.
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Sun 11 Jan 15 at 19:06
 iTunes scam? - Slidingpillar
I've had several - and I'm deaf! 2015 spam phishing season seems to have opened with seemingly innocuous attachments of several types. Not analysed them - best to discard unopened.
Latest Forum Posts