Computer Related > Emails sent but not received Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 9

Emails sent but not received - Ambo
I use Outlook 2007 with Windows 7. I have found that a number of emails I have sent have not been received after several days yet I have sent test emails to myself and have received them. What can be going wrong please?
 Emails sent but not received - No FM2R
Is there any consistency between the missing e-mails?

To the same person?
All attaching the same[large?] file?
Anything else which might raise an eyebrow?
 Emails sent but not received - Runfer D'Hills
Ask the recipient to check their spam folder. Might be blocking mail from your address for some computery reason.
There was no consistency
There were no attachments although one was an email received and sent Forward to a third person
I can't think of anything else
I got one person to check their spam folder, to no avail
Do those emails show in your "Sent" folder or in your "Outbox" within Outlook on your computer.

Presuming that you use a webservice, then if you do not use Outlook but rather access the email account using a web browser, then do they show in Sent or Outbox there?

Check your own Spam to see if you have received some kind of warning message.
They all show in the Sent folder except one, to DVLA. This one appeared in Sent and I took a hard copy of this for filing, then later it had disappeared.

Would using the Web would involve registering with Internet.com? I would prefer not to.

There is nothing in my own Spam folder (labelled not Spam but Junk Mail)
It depends what your email is.

For example, for this account I use nofm2r@outlook.com.

I access that using Outlook on my computer. As it happens, I don't actually use it, but if I did I could write, send, receive and read emails in Outlook on my computer, which would actually be a replication of what the "real" email account was doing at www.outlook.com.

If you use similar, hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. etc. etc. then it will be the same. And, like me, you could go directly to www.outlook.com and type in the same username and password there that was used when you set up Outlook to use that email account.

However, if it is your own domain or similar arrangements, then that would not be so.

Assuming that it *is* so, then it is important to know what the webmail shows, not just what outlook on your computer shows.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 13 Dec 14 at 12:56
Did you resolve it ambo, or just let it go?
 Emails sent but not received - Stuartli
Are you with TalkTalk?

The ISP did have problems with e-mails for several days earlier this month but back to normal now.
No, BT. The problem has cured itself but thanks for suggestions.
Latest Forum Posts