Computer Related > Speedy Gonzales! Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 8

Speedy Gonzales! - Roger.
I've been troubled by a crawlingly slow internet browsing experience and many Flash plug-in freezes in Firefox

So - I've uninstalled Trusteer Rapport, Comodo Internet Security and the Flash plug in for Firefox.(You need Adobe's own uninstaller tool for Flash)

I've then installed Private Firewall (free), 360 Total Security (free)- this is NOT Norton, by the way but a Chinese AV, which has had good reviews. Finally, I've - albeit reluctantly - re-installed Flash.

Pages now load much better - whether I'll have the familiar "Flash crash" , remains to be seen, but I've enabled the flash block tab option on Adblock Plus and also set Flash to ask every time it needs activation.

I really dislike Adobe Flash!
 Speedy Gonzales! - John Boy
I had that problem for a while recently. It seemed to happen most when I started a video on the BBC News website and then opted for full-screen display. After doing the obvious virus checking etc, I reinstalled Flash and unclicked the "Enable hardware acceleration" option in Firefox. It all settled down eventually and I've now re-enabled Hardware acceleration. Fingers crossed.
 Speedy Gonzales! - Zero
Flash would be fine if you stopped trying to tie your machine into knots with totally over the top security crap. I am surprised anything gets through.

You need a tin foil helmet.
 Speedy Gonzales! - rtj70
And yet he seems to trust Chinese AV software.

www.360totalsecurity.com/en/about.html
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 4 Dec 14 at 14:23
 Speedy Gonzales! - Stuartli
It's Shockwave Flash for Firefox (latest plug-in is 15.0.0.239); can be a pain to install sometimes even after removing previous version.
 Speedy Gonzales! - Roger.
>> And yet he seems to trust Chinese AV software.

I did say it was Chinese!
 Speedy Gonzales! - rtj70
I know you did. But you're so paranoid and yet trust some unknown Chinese software. Probably got your online banking details already :-)
 Speedy Gonzales! - Zero
>> I know you did. But you're so paranoid and yet trust some unknown Chinese software.
>> Probably got your online banking details already :-)

Matters not what he puts on the PC, the BT Chinese backbone router will have siphoned the detail off to Shenzhen, Guangdong anyway.
 Speedy Gonzales! - rtj70
Good point Zero :-)
Latest Forum Posts