Computer Related > I-Phone 4 calendar Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 13

I-Phone 4 calendar - MD
One for Zero I presume.

I am sooo glad that I eventually took the I Phone route (should have listened to you years ago!!).

One very frustrating issue I have is editing the Calendar. Most days I will make a shopping list for work and when part of the list has been acquired I will delete those items. OK so far? If the items that I need to delete are at the end of the list that is fine. However if they are say in the middle then it is virtually impossible. When I hit edit the line shows up. Wherever I tap on the line it goes straight to the end. It is very occasionally possible to move back a little, but never to the right spot. Any ideas please....

MD
 I-Phone 4 calendar - Zero
Press and hold the line where you want to edit and a box will pop up round the line with a choice menu. You Select all or Select - pull the line markers to where you want the action to take place and choose your action - in this case - cut
 I-Phone 4 calendar - MD
Excellent Sir, Thank you.
 Zero...Help please. - MD
Apologies if I've asked this before, cos like my knees my memory ain't what it was!

Do diary entries just disappear after exactly one month?

Regards, MD.
 Zero...Help please. - Zero
huh? on what?
 Zero...Help please. - MD
Oh shi. iPhone 4s. Sorry
 Zero...Help please. - WillDeBeest
Just checked last September on mine and the entries are still there.
 Zero...Help please. - Zero
hmm interesting, some of my entires from November backwards last year have gone. Important ones like birthdays have stayed.

There used to be an option on ical for how long they survived before archive, however that seems to have been removed.
 Zero...Help please. - CGNorwich
www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/retaining-older-calendar-entries-on-ios/
 Zero...Help please. - MD
Thanks CG, Done. I presume though that there's no way of getting my stuff back?
 Zero...Help please. - CGNorwich
Changing the setting to "all events" should transfer them back into your calendar from your cloud or desktop calendar application—providing that they’re still available there.
 Zero...Help please. - MD
Well CG that didn't happen last night when I set the diary doofer to 'All Events', but just now I set the same on the IPad from where my entries also disappeared. I then looked at the phone and BINGO........they are back. Thanks to all.
 Zero...Help please. - VxFan
>> but just now I set the same on the IPad from where my entries
>> also disappeared. I then looked at the phone and BINGO........they are back.

It probably needed both devices singing from the same hymn sheet, rather than one being set to one thing, and the other another.
 Zero...Help please. - VxFan
>> Do diary entries just disappear after exactly one month?

Funny you should ask that. I couldn't put a time scale on it, but I have noticed that some entries vanish after a period of time. I do a search for something as I want to repeat it at a later date (such as a new reminder for the dentist or doctor) and the previous entry isn't there anymore.
Latest Forum Posts