Computer Related > Can't get to Hotmail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 13

Can't get to Hotmail - MD
Running Outlook express. I cannot get any mail to ANY Hotmail account. Why?

regards,

Martin
 Can't get to Hotmail - Zero
Its ok via the web, so it must be your settings
Can't find where to sort them Z.
 Can't get to Hotmail - Bellboy
have you tried dropping the computer from your bedroom window and trying a clean install from the kitchen window?
 Can't get to Hotmail - rtj70
Are you saying you cannot receive mail to any of your hotmail accounts or cannot send?

I've not used Outlook Express in years but it will be via the Tools menu and then select accounts. Might be an option to test settings in there.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 29 Jun 10 at 16:49
probably your isp, wait a day or so and it will recover. Use the web portal for hotmail instead.
What I can't do is to get Clients who are on Hotmail to receive from my Outlook express. I confirmed this by trying to send to MY Hotmail acc. No go at all.
Mods, send him my email addy - the Hotmail one.
 Can't get to Hotmail - smokie
Sent Zero his hotmail address
why not log on to hotmail via the web portal.

www.hotmail.co.uk

do you get any errors from outlook express?

No errors at all.
 Can't get to Hotmail - rtj70
Does sending emails to other email addresses that are not on hotmail work? Also what email address are you sending them from? They might be sitting on the ISP email server ready to go.
They are going from an fsnet.co.uk address. The first Hotmail failure was two weeks ago so I guess they are not sitting on a server. All other service from and to my fsnet add' is fine.

M
 Can't get to Hotmail - smokie
I remember this some years ago with one of the free ISPs - sending from NTL, nothing would arrive at daughter's Hotmail, or whatever it was - never any indication at my end that it wasn't working Its something to do with ISP routing which you can't sort out, apart from calling your ISPs help desk and ask them what's going on.

EDIT: It's possibly something like Hotmail have blacklisted fsnet, thinking it's all spam. So problem might be at Hotmail.
Last edited by: smokie on Tue 29 Jun 10 at 18:48
Latest Forum Posts