Computer Related > Any Windows issues Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 8

Any Windows issues - BobbyG
It has taken me a good hour to get my Lenovo Win 7 laptop up and running - lots of window problems / repairs needed on start up.
Experience says this only happens when there have been some conflicting windows updates but I don't recollect seeing any in last few days.

Anyone else experienced it today?
 Any Windows issues - Zero

MS cocked up big time last week and issued an update that blue screened PCs on reboot, so there was a largish update fixing the cock up issued on the 27th i think. Stuff needed to be backed out, fixes taken off and put back in different orders.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 29 Aug 14 at 22:12
 Any Windows issues - BobbyG
That would make sense, cheers for that information - most nights I just shut the laptop over but last night I fully shut it down which probably prompted all the updates etc.

A wee reminder to make sure I do my backups......
 Any Windows issues - Stuartli
No problems with my Lenono Windows7 B560.....
 Any Windows issues - Pat
None with mine either but I do remember having updates on Thursday.

Pat
 Any Windows issues - smokie
And two nights running I had 1 update, which is unusual, but no probs
>>And two nights running I had 1 update, which is unusual, but no probs>>

Windows Defender is updated twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays); the one on Thursday was an Update to an Update (KB 2993651) that has brought some criticism. See:

tinyurl.com/q7nmm6w
 Any Windows issues - John Boy
My experience of Windows has led me to disable automatic updating. I allow notification of updates, but often don't download and install them until I'm sure that they haven't caused widespread problems. The site in Stuart's link above is usually a good place to find out.
I have always configured Windows Update to Notify About Updates But Let Me Choose Whether To Install Them - much better, as you say, to hopefully avoid any potential problems.
Latest Forum Posts