Computer Related > Playlist Windows Media Player -> Ipod Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Number_Cruncher Replies: 2

Playlist Windows Media Player -> Ipod - Number_Cruncher
I am probably* being as dense as depleted Uranium, however, I would be grateful for suggestions in how to synchronise playlists between windows media player and an Ipod.

I have a folder full of our mp3s which I normally listen to via windows media player, and so, I have spent some time making playlists of my favourite tracks.

This same folder of mp3 files acts as the library for SWMBO's Ipod.

What I would really like to do is to take my playlists (which can only be text files pointing to the mp3 files in order?), and get that same list to appear on the Ipod.

It seems that the options in Itunes simply aren't there to read in new playlists from outside

I'm using;

Windows Media Player version 10
Itunes version 8.2.1.6
Windows XP SP3

* Allowing an Apple product into the house clearly removes any doubt - never again!
 Playlist Windows Media Player -> Ipod - smokie
Not something I've done, as my music is solely managed and played under iTunes - but did you try File/Library/Import Playlists? Non iTunes playlists generally have an extension of .m3u - don't know if iTunes can directly import these...?
 Playlist Windows Media Player -> Ipod - Number_Cruncher
Thanks Smokie - it worked! - I had tried to read in the wpl format playlist, but, that didn't work, whereas m3u worked very well. Cheers!
Latest Forum Posts