Computer Related > SD card in android phone Computing Issues
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 3

SD card in android phone - borasport
this is the old android phone that i didn't get around to rooting/upgrading last time I raised the subject :-)

It's little used as a phone - <£20 of asda payg in the last ten months, basically I use it as a pedometer and precious little else. The app is on the phone, not the SD card, so i'm not worried, but the phone has started to claim that the SD card is damaged - what's likely to be the story here ?

I'll get round to reformatting the card, but I cant see any process other than being struck by lightening or bursts of gamma rays from bug eyed monsters that are likely to damage the card in the phone ?
 SD card in android phone - Zero
SD cards are notoriously unreliable media. Bit of dirt on a contact, slight movement on the card/connection, static electricity etc and boof your filesystem is toast...
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 22 Nov 13 at 16:04
 SD card in android phone - borasport
but there's nothing on it, I wiped the phone back in Feb and downloaded 2 apps, neither of which are on or use the SD card afaik, and until about 2 minutes ago, the back hasn't been off the phone for 12 months or more, and you have to get the back off to get at the card (yeah, I know it's hardly weatherproof, probably barely IP1) but all it does is sit in my hip pocket or get charged
 SD card in android phone - Zero
>> but there's nothing on it, I wiped the phone back in Feb and downloaded 2
>> apps, neither of which are on or use the SD card afaik, and until about
>> 2 minutes ago, the back hasn't been off the phone for 12 months or more,
>> and you have to get the back off to get at the card (yeah, I
>> know it's hardly weatherproof, probably barely IP1) but all it does is sit in my
>> hip pocket or get charged
>
Doesn't alter the fact that they are being access every time you power it on. And each time is a chance to screw it up. SD cards are not safe.
Latest Forum Posts