Computer Related > Windows 7 Update Issues Computing Issues
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 9

Windows 7 Update Issues - Fullchat
Just booted up the standby Lenovo laptop which is Windows 7 64 bit. It required 31 updates which were completed. Both IE and Mail became unstable. Completed System Restore to before the updates and everything worked fine. Completed the updates again and it returned to being unstable with various functions within the applications not working. The computer is almost factory fresh with little on it.

Anyone any knowledge of any recent issues?
 Windows 7 Update Issues - VxFan
Can you select and install one update at a time to eliminate which one(s) might be causing the problem?
I could but there are a lot of them :S But if its the only way.
 Windows 7 Update Issues - Zero
Need a better description of symptoms?
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 5 Nov 13 at 07:31
 Windows 7 Update Issues - rtj70
Are you able to take a backup of the system (full disk image) before you do anything? I wouldn't rely on restore points if I was trying to trouble shoot installing each of 31 updates one at a time. You could find the problem one was the first but only in conjunction with a later one and it is the first one you'd better off not installing.

If this is effecting particular applications, can you not look at what the updates do? There has to be a clue as to which one might be the issue.

You could find installing one at a time works as well. This is Microsoft updates after all. :-)
"Need a better description of symptoms?"

For example on this forum when you select from the drop down menu - Motoring Discussion, Non Motoring, Computer Related etc the new highlight is grey and nothing happens when you click on it.

In Windows Mail, click on an e mail and it wont open or delete.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Tue 5 Nov 13 at 17:52
Appears to be a IE 10 instillation issue which was part of the Update list.

Started doing the Updates a few at a time and then jumped onto the IE 10 which immediatly strted causing the issues.
 Windows 7 Update Issues - No FM2R
What are the issues? Its sounds quite similar to something given me stick on No. 2's W7 computer.
 Windows 7 Update Issues - Zero
IE 10 is a pile of poo, don't use it, it has too many compatibility issues. In fact, deinstall it.
Issues as in previous post. Web pages and Windows Mail just not working properly.
Latest Forum Posts