Computer Related > Can't access email Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 4

Can't access email - Ambo
My emails service has stopped working for the first time ever, , transmitting or receiving.

I get a message box headed Enter Network Password then "Type your name and password. " The three sections below that are already entered, the server, smtp.btinternet.com; the user name, which is my internet address; and the password in asterisks.

This message appears from time to time and I simply click OK and carry on. Now, the message only comes back again. I have tried re-typing the password, to no effect. Can anyone suggest how to fix this please?
 Can't access email - smokie
I occasionally get this with Virgin, and always put it down to a problem at their end.

Have you tried accessing through your browser? bt.yahoo.com/mail I think

What mail software are you using?
 Can't access email - No FM2R
Isn't about now that BT were threatening to disable all email accounts for people who hadn't paid for it, or who didn't have BT internet?

IO suspect a connection, albeit perhaps an error.
I don't know about payments but I have used btinternet for years without this problem.

However, it now emerges that you are right, in that BT had disabled the service. Now, by dint of various clicks, I have recovered it although I had to register a new password. All's well now but thanks to all the above.
I spoke too soon and the problem soon returned. I spent an age chasing round several BT sites, and was reduced to getting on to their Indian helpline.

The staff here are always very patient and courteous but I find their accents very hard to understand. However, my respondent found that my service had been "compromised" i.e. had been taken over and blocked by someone by else. This amazed me as I have never encountered it before in about 14 years.

It took about half an hour to take me through numerous steps to enter yet another password and the service has now been restored.
Latest Forum Posts