Computer Related > WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! Computing Issues
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 8

WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - VxFan
Since Wednesday my PC keeps prompting to do 2 important updates.

Despite agreeing to the updates, letting the PC do the updates, etc, a few minutes later it tells me that there are 2 important updates - the same ones again!!

I restored the PC to an earlier point in time before the original updates were prompted, but it still does the same thing over and over again.

Apart from ignoring the messages, can I do anything to get the PC to recognise the updates have occured to stop being prompted over and over again?

The 2 updates are:

1. Size: 7.7 MB

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office 2007 suites that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information for this update can be found at support.microsoft.com/kb/2760411

------------------------------

2. Size: 7.5 MB

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office 2007 suites that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

More information for this update can be found at support.microsoft.com/kb/2760588
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 13 Sep 13 at 16:55
I should have googled the links.

Looks like a known issue.

tinyurl.com/q4w2n3u - answers.microsoft.com

tinyurl.com/pw98626 - answers.microsoft.com

WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - ....
Can you Hide an update in XP and ignore it for now?
 WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - Pat
I had the same problem VX and eventually gave up and used gmac's method...it worked!

Pat
 WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - Bromptonaut
I think I'm getting the same thing in Office 2003 and XP. Certainly a sense of deja-vu about updates I'm being offered though I do have 2 PCs with same OS/software combo.
 WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - Slidingpillar
I've got it with Vista and Office 2007. Downloaded twice yesterday and invites me to install again.

Set to ignore...

edit - and the day before. I'm for shooting Microsoft, anyone joining me?
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Sat 14 Sep 13 at 10:52
 WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - Robin O'Reliant
I'm getting the same on W7, every time I've shut down lately it's tried to install three updates.
Looks like its sorted itself out. There isn't an update icon appearing in the bottom RH toolbar anymore.
 WinXP Updates. MS Office 2007. Groundhog Day! - Victorbox
>> Looks like its sorted itself out. There isn't an update icon appearing in the bottom
>> RH toolbar anymore.

Same here on four Windows 7 PC's - after 3 days it stopped asking me to install the same updates over and over!
Latest Forum Posts