Computer Related > Photos in Outlook Computing Issues
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 9

Photos in Outlook - maltrap
My son sends me photos of our grandson from his smartphone to my Outlook (Hotmail)
The problem is they always arrive lying on their side. How can i rotate/edit photos that arrive this way ?
 Photos in Outlook - No FM2R
Save the attachment. (right click on it, save as)

Open the attachment. It should open automatically with Windows Photo Viewer, but if it doesn't then right click the attachment, select "Open With" and then choose photo viewer.

At the bottom of the screen you;ll see two arrows showing a 90 degree rotation either clockwise or anticlockwise.

It'll save automatically when you exit.

If you're using a newer version of windows, then simply right clicking on the attachment will allow you to rotate it, without the need to open it.
Didn't have any joy with that, my computer has Windows Vista, doesn't seem to have "photo viewer" Under the photo it says "download as zip" but i'm not sure what to do then.
incidentally the photo was sent from an I-Phone.
Thanks for your help.
 Photos in Outlook - No FM2R
What is the name of the attachment?

Is it .jpg or something else, like .zip for example.
At the bottom of the photo there's a box marked "download" if i click on this a bar at the bottom of the screen says "open or save JPG"
Beneath the photo is a box saying "download as zip" if i click on that it says "open or save as zip" I just don't know how to move on from there.
Thanks again.
 Photos in Outlook - R.P.
Save it as a Jpeg. Save it to the desktop so you can find it without having to find it elsewhere.
I've tried downloading it to JPG but when i click the "open" button i get an error message titled "run DLL, inside the box it says "the specified modules could not be found.
 Photos in Outlook - Zero
Sounds to me like your photo viewer is corrupt. You could try downloading one of the other free photo manipulation tools.
 Photos in Outlook - smokie
Isn't it a corrupt file? Other photos seem to work OK, albeit lying on their side. Maybe get the picture re-uploaded.

EDIT: A thought: go to google, type in a famous person's name and search, then choose images. Right click one of those pictures and save as an image file - should usually be jpg. Close your browser, use explorer to navigate to where you saved that file and double click it, then report back :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 9 Aug 13 at 23:20
 Photos in Outlook - Zero
>> Isn't it a corrupt file?

wouldn't be moaning about a DLL if the file was corrupt.

Latest Forum Posts