Computer Related > Free marketing mapping software??? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 8

Free marketing mapping software??? - BobbyG
We advertise in various methods to get furniture donations for our shops.

I would like to try and map, on a map of Glasgow, where the donations are coming from and which of our methods it is from (that would simply be colour coding)
Looking at probably no more than a couple of hundred entries at this stage but would possibly then want to increase these on an ongoing basis.

Is anyone any idea of a website / software or whatever that we could do this with.
I think I can sit and add a whole load of "places" to google maps and save it but not sure how many it would allow and I wouldn't be able to categorize them. Buts something along those lines is what I am looking for.

Any ideas?
 Free marketing mapping software??? - Zero
Google earth allows you to create lots of categories for pushpins, name them, sort them, whats more you can save them and export them
ah - google earth as opposed to google maps ??
 Free marketing mapping software??? - Focusless
How's your JavaScript? developers.google.com/earth/
If I said what is Javascript, does that answer your question?

Will get IT to download the google earth to have a wee nosey at that to see if it will work.
 Free marketing mapping software??? - Focusless
>> If I said what is Javascript, does that answer your question?

:) If easier options aren't available it might be worth asking someone who does know a bit about it how easy it would be to cobble something together meeting your requirements.
 Free marketing mapping software??? - Zero
Yes- earth.
 Free marketing mapping software??? - rtj70
You can also create a map to share is Google Maps. Therefore viewable in a web browser.

One limitations is how many pushpins visible at any one time.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 26 Jul 13 at 22:56
OK got GE downloaded just before I left tonight so will have a play around with it when back in office.

Cheers
Latest Forum Posts