Computer Related > Windows 7 "Control Panel" Computing Issues
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 7

Windows 7 "Control Panel" - L'escargot
I recently had to call in a computer repair man when my computer refused to allow me to connect with the internet. I've since noticed that when I now click on Start>Control Panel it goes directly to a page showing 50 icons/links, which it didn't previously. Is this something the repair man altered? I'm not complaining, but I'm just curious. Certainly at one point he put a CD into the CD/DVD drive. I suppose I should have taken more notice and queried there and then what he was doing.

(It turned out that the problem was caused by one of a bunch of updates arriving at my computer in a corrupt state. The solution was to restore the computer to an earlier date and then re-install the updates. If it happens again I'll know what to try first.)
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - devonite
Sounds like he has changed the Control panel "Window" back to "Classic view" instead of the usual "Groups view" - if you dont like it, just furtle around and find the link to switch it back.
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - Zero
>> Sounds like he has changed the Control panel "Window" back to "Classic view" instead of
>> the usual "Groups view" - if you dont like it, just furtle around and find
>> the link to switch it back.

I do that, I prefer the "classic" view. Years of fiddling around with windows I guess, I know where everything is that way. I guess the repair man feels the same way!
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - VxFan
>> I prefer the "classic" view.

Me too. Change it back to that on all Windows platforms.
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - No FM2R
I don't know which I use. Where do you change it?
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - VxFan
IIRC, there should be a "switch to whatever view" on the LH side of the control panel window.
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - Victorbox
In Windows 7 it's top right hand side of Control Panel click on View By drop down menu and change from either Small / Large icons to view by Category.
Last edited by: Victorbox on Sat 13 Jul 13 at 08:36
 Windows 7 "Control Panel" - TeeCee
>> >> I prefer the "classic" view.
>>
>> Me too. Change it back to that on all Windows platforms.
>>

I forced myself to learn to live with the new way of doing things. The vast majority of people leave it the way it is by default and getting used to that saves time.
Latest Forum Posts