Computer Related > AA route planner bug Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 5

AA route planner bug - Ambo
I have used the planner at www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp/ a lot over the years but it has malfunctioned for a month now. It suddenly cuts off and is replaced by a message saying "Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer. A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage".

I use IE8. The copputer is protected by AVG (free version) and Micrsoft's own built-in system. AVG updates and scans automatically but I have also scanned manually. I have also run CrapCleaner. There is no problem with any other webpage. What more can I do please?
 AA route planner bug - Zero
works ok for me on IE8, but without knowing the failing route you are planning I cant reproduce it.

Try using another browser, try Chrome.
 AA route planner bug - Ambo
No one particular route, just any route I try.
 AA route planner bug - VxFan
As Zero suggests, "Try using another browser"

If that works ok, it might be worth then resetting IE8 to "out of the box" settings using the options menu.
 AA route planner bug - sherlock47
Having never used the AA site, I thought I would have look.

Despite being based on Google Maps it is nothing like as good to use as the Google maps offering. It does not allow you to INSERT way points (you can add them at the end of a list ie re-enter all previous in the correct order!) and you cannot drag the route to look at options. It also resizes back to original scale if you add a waypoint. Absolutely infuriating!

PS tested using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3
 AA route planner bug - Fenlander
Thanks for mentioning Google directions pmh... never thought to try them. The drag facility to alter a route is brilliant. Also the routing software is better than some others in that the AA routefinder would have us go a way that is obviously wrong for a section (a journey we're doing today)... but Google places us exactly the way I'd have chosen.
Latest Forum Posts