Computer Related > Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 8

Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - car4play
Just downloaded it and it is really snappy. I am not normally an Opera man, but I must say that on first look it's pretty impressive. It has a nice DOM inspector called Dragonfly too.
Not sure I can cope with 3 different browser windows now!
 Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - Iffy
...It has a nice DOM inspector called Dragonfly too...

I'm pleased about that, and I'd be even more chuffed if I knew what one was.

Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - R.P.
I'll try it later...
>> I'm pleased about that and I'd be even more chuffed if I knew what one was.

lol! It's a developer tool to allow you do things like debug scripts, look at how the page is rendered and change style sheets on the fly, and see how long it takes to load page components.
 Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - Statistical Outlier
Well I wasn't going to bother, but if it's got a nice DOM inspector then I suppose I should. I'm glad you mentioned it, I might have missed that ;-)
 Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - Statistical Outlier
Actually, although I've not really noticed it being faster than Firefox, the fact that you can sync all your bookmarks across machines is tempting. It would need AdBlock on it as well before I jumped though.
>> It would need AdBlock on it as well before I jumped though.

er um I hope not for this site. :-)

Funny enough I looked for this to, but for another site. It seems Opera has something like this built in. Right click on the page, go to "Block Content...". Click on the bits you want to remove. For ads I found it best to click on one and then edit the url adding a * after the main host, just like you would with the adblocker in Firefox.

It also remembers passwords differently. e.g. in Firefox on this site you have to start typing in the username or it prefils it for you. In Opera there is a key icon at the top next to the URL. Clicking takes you straight in. On this site it's rather nice in that it doesn't get confused between our admin login and the forum login.
 Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - Bellboy
only thing with opera is its more difficult to retrieve a password if you have forgotten it
 Anyone tried out the new Opera (on Mac) - teabelly
I used to run opera but got fed up of it. Didn't render quite a lot of sites. Firefox seems to deal with poor coding a bit better. Switched when firefox added session restore and the ability to move tabs around.
Latest Forum Posts