Non-motoring > My TomTom is dead! RDS traffic module available Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 5

My TomTom is dead! RDS traffic module available - Meldrew
My 7 year old TO 720 Go has died and is being replaced by another TT with "Live" services. As a result I have a RDS TMC receiver available. Plugs into and is powered by the TT and compatible with most GO models ie the pre Live ones. This is available to anyone who cares to make a contribution to Help for Heroes and contacts thru my email (See profile) The TT unit is available for spares but cannot be repaired, hardware is OK - software is dead.

Mods please move or delete as you see fit!¬

My TomTom is dead! RDS traffic module available - Zero
I assume its the one with the round plug, and not the one that uses the USB port?

Yes, that's correct - like a small headphone size lead that is plugged into the bottom right end of the unit base. The wire contains a tiny oval box which is the receiver and the aerial is attached to the screen with small plastic sucker cups.
 My TomTom is dead! RDS traffic module available - rtj70
Is it the revised version that worked fairly well or the older one that was useless?
No - it has always worked fine and locks onto the signal, which comes on the Classic FM wavelength, very quickly There was a dud batch which could be recognised by the first letter in the reference number and mine is not one of those.
Correction! The good receiver is code 4V00.013 - the duff ones were a slightly different re,f started with a number which was NOT 4 ISTR.

Compatibility is with

TomTom ONE 3rd Edition (v3), TomTom ONE XL (v1), TomTom GO 510 / GO 710 / GO 910, TomTom GO 520 / GO 520 Music Edition / GO 720 / GO 920
Serial connector easy setup. Ver 4V00.013 for great signal reception where available.
Latest Forum Posts