Non-motoring > UK Courier Solutions Ltd Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 20

UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Badwolf
Afternoon all,

I enquired about driving work with this company and received the following e-mail this morning:

"UK Courier Solutions
support@uk-couriersolutions.net
www.uk-couriersolutions.net

09/03/2012

Good Morning

Thank you for your recent application to become a self-employed owner driver courier with UK Courier Solutions. We have conducted a search and are delighted to inform you that based on the information that you submitted and also our current nationwide recruitment drive we would be able to supply you guaranteed on-going work in your region as a driver with UK Courier Solutions. Based on recent data you average weekly earnings would be in excess of £650. This figure can increase as you remain with us as a lot of repeat business will develop.

If you wish to accept this position you now need to complete activation so that your details can go live on our database. Once these details are live we can then begin to supply you work. There are limited positions available in any given region and we operate on a first come first served basis. Once activation is complete you will be listed on our database as a courier for the region that you specified in your application. Once active we supply full instructions for the role. The driving force behind UK-CS is to keep operations as straightforward as possible therefore everything is uncomplicated which means all our procedures are immersed in simplicity.

The pay rates that you will receive work out at between £25.95 per hour and £35.95 per hour depending on the amount of items carried and the time of day. All payments are made within three days of any completed delivery however it’s usually on the day. This works out as follows, on an average day you would probably have five items that you would pick up locally to you, and these five separate items may have to go to three different areas say on average 50 miles away. That would make your revenue for the day approx. £350.00 less wear and tear, fuel and other costs this would leave a minimum of £280.00 Far higher amounts can be earned too and we have one of the best pay rates in the country!

To complete activation and to appear on our database you now need to make a payment of £70.00 This pays for your inclusion on our database of couriers for six months, it also gives you access to our support service. At the end of this six month period we will get back in touch to find out if you want to remain on the database.

We take payment by deposit directly to our bank account. This can be done across the counter at any LLoyds TSB branch or alternatively if you have internet banking it can be completed in this manner also. Our Bank Details are Bank: LLoyds TSB: Account Name;B.M.S Account Number xxxxxxx, Sort Code xx-xx-xx. Very Important. When you make your payment of £70.00 please use your mobile number and name as reference making sure it is the same mobile number that you used in your application form with us. This allows us to identify you with the minimum of fuss so that we can activate you without delay. Once you have made payment also email us at support@uk-couriersolutions.net to infom us that you have made payment.

As previously mentioned you will be paid in full on the day for any courier work completed. This can be paid to you in cash, bank transfer or cheque form. Our role is to supply you regular well paid on-going work so that you remain on our database indefinitely. Once you are active we will also be in touch with full instructions regarding the role. Once payment is made you will be activated on the database within 36 hours. Please note: If you are not happy with our service and feel that UK Courier Solutions is not for you we offer a full refund if requested within 30 days.

More than half of the £70.00 that you pay is ploughed straight back into marketing you so that you receive regular work. Our main marketing tool is Google where we have a front page presence under the search term “Uk Courier Solutions” Couriers, etc. Why not check it out? This guarantees that you will have a steady, on-going stream of work that pays one of the best rates in the business. We have invested heavily to make sure we are ranked on the first page of Google. This has a massive impact on the level and quality of work you receive.

The reason we ask for the small upfront payment is because we need to be sure you are completely serious about the role as a courier for us; this lets us know that you are for the simple reason that when someone makes a cash commitment like this the likelihood is that they are genuine about giving the role the best shot possible. It is also revenue that you benefit from directly as the lions share is used to keep you and us on the first page of Google so regular work continues to flow.

I hope this information helps. I would now like to officially welcome you on board and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial future. Please note: Once payment is received you will be given full access to our customer support service and as previously mentioned activation will take place within 36 hours work will soon follow after this takes place. I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Yours Sincerely

Paul Davis

UK Courier Solutions"

Now, I do feel that you shouldn't have to pay upfront to get work but on the other hand, I need a way out of my current job and I need it now.

What are the group's feelings on this?

Cheers.
Last edited by: Badwolf on Fri 9 Mar 12 at 15:06
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - WillDeBeest
You might want to solicit some opinions from a more freight-focused forum than this one, but it makes me uncomfortable.

In the regular employment market it's illegal for an agency to charge a signing-on fee. This is a little different in that you're asking someone else to sell your services for you, but you can be sure they'll charge their customer a healthy margin to cover their costs there. Even if it's legal, asking drivers to pay to be on their list seems borderline exploitative to me.

If you can find other drivers who've signed up and had good experiences then you might feel happier about going ahead. Without that reassurance I'd be very careful.
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Fursty Ferret
I wouldn't have bothered to censor their bank account details - bunch of charlatans.
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Runfer D'Hills
You still got that bargepole you used on the Maestro Badwolf?

Turn the notion around a little though. Think about what these guys would do ( if they do anything that is ).

They would have to approach companies who potentially need drivers qualified and available to drive their vehicles. Probably, although I wouldn't know, they would canvas transport managers or personnel depts by phoning them and / or mailing them offering their services...

Maybe, if I were you, I'd just cut out the middleman...

Pick up the phone. Ask to speak to the person responsible for hiring drivers. Ask for an appointment. Get a date and time. ( Wee tip, do it after 5.00pm but before 6.00pm Managers tend to work later than regular staff and very often you'll go straight through to someone senior if you call slightly after normal office hours rather than be cut off in your prime by a receptionist or whatever. )
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - John H
Do you have their phone number? If not, why not? If you do have it, give them a call and ask for names of a few couriers who can give references.

Their web site says "Our many years of experience in the courier industry ... "
Ask how many years is that?

Public information:

companycheck.co.uk/company/07336665 says company registered 05/08/2010

company-director-check.co.uk/director/915226259 says director owns/owned other companies. Check out the other companies accounts.

UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Iffy
What vehicle does the OP plan to use?
>> What vehicle does the OP plan to use?

My own car, carrying just documents and/or small parcels.

However, given that three of the five companies associated with the director of UK Courier Solutions have gone belly-up in the past three years, I think I'll be passing on this opportunity.

To be honest, I kind of knew what you chaps were going to say but I just wanted some opinions.

UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Jetski
We currently pay our courrier £5.80 for up to 15kg next day delivery mainland U.K. This companyyou mention could not pay a tenth of what you quoted, it's a scam.
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Harleyman
>> >> What vehicle does the OP plan to use?
>>
>> My own car, carrying just documents and/or small parcels.
>>

You'll be using your car for hire and reward then and unless you've got specific cover for that your existing insurance will be null and void if you have a prang and they find out.

If you're doing courier work in your own vehicle it's also sensible to have Goods in Transit insurance which ain't cheap.

Few years ago I owned a big Mercedes Sprinter van (bought to move house with) and considered putting it to work. Soon changed my mind after a couple of quotes.
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - L'escargot
tinyurl.com/6qu9o8b
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Iffy
I know a couple of people who have worked for bona fide courier companies TNT and DPD.

They both said it was a lot of hard work for not a great deal of money, although a living can be made.

Various GPS and other tracking gadgets mean there's very little freedom.

Cheers, Snaily.

Rest assured I will not be parting with £70 to these nice people.

Though I might start hanging around Costco's car park in gleeful expectation...
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - mikeyb
My understanding of this industry is that its very hard work earning pence - not pounds - per drop /pick up.

I have a colleague who helped to set up his nephew in this business, and ended up writing it off as he couldn't do enough work to cover his costs, let alone make a profit
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Robin O'Reliant
There can be few jobs more stressful than delivery driving. Mine involves regular routes with regular domestic customers, but when I first did it eight years ago and had to look for obscure house names in the dark in places that didn't even show on the map I used to come home with a headache and an astronomical mileage due to taking wrong turnings and re-visits because I didn't know when people would be home or which neighbour would take and pay for the goods on the buyers behalf. You are always running late, one decent sized traffic holdup and the day is ruined and if you wonder why delivery drivers don't signal, stand on the brakes and turn at the last second one week doing the job will tell you why. And I work a relatively traffic free area, a busy city will be something else.

I've got my regular round fairly well sussed by now, but freelance courier work will have you going here, there and everywhere and you'll spend your days constantly chasing your tail and fretting about whether you'll be able to get everything done on time. Not a job for the faint hearted and you'll be lucky if your hourly rate even reaches the minimum wage.
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - -
Just out of interest, owner drivers and small hauliers are doing artic traction work at around 30 bob a mile and sometimes less, big truck costs and 8mpg to pay for, no one wins.

That offer you posted BW is no better than the 100 or so semi literate e mail scams that end up in my junk folder every single day, I wonder how many poor blighters have sent that £70 to the con men.

UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Dave_
I'm writing this on my tiny phone screen whilst waiting to pick daughter up, but when I get back to the PC I'll gladly pull that email apart for you BW. I've worked in the courier and freight industry for years and it definitely doesn't work like that at all.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Fri 9 Mar 12 at 20:55
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - Dave_
>> Based on recent data you average weekly earnings would be in excess of £650. This figure can increase

Takings, yes. Earnings, not on your nelly.

>> your revenue for the day approx. £350.00 less wear and tear, fuel and other costs this would leave a
>> minimum of £280.00. Far higher amounts can be earned

In my minicab (in which I did parcel work as well as people) the running costs amounted to 40% of the total income, i.e. £350 revenue would cost you £140 to earn, leaving £210 profit. To give you some idea of how likely that would be, a very good day's work would bring in £200, with £120 a more likely figure. Now take 40% running costs off that.

I used to work 7 days a week, with double shifts on Friday and Saturday, to bring in a top line of ~£1200.

>> To complete activation and to appear on our database you now need to make a payment of £70.00
>> This pays for

Beer and hookers, probably.

>> Our main marketing tool is Google where we have a front page presence under the search term
>> “Uk Courier Solutions” Couriers, etc. Why not check it out?

I've checked it out. It doesn't come up in at least the first 4 pages.

>> The reason we ask for the small upfront payment is because we

Need beer?

>> What are the group's feelings on this?

Bargepole.

If you really really want to get into the courier business, you need to get yourself a LWB Sprinter of reasonable fitness, full GIT and business insurance and a spare 20 hours a day between 2am and 10pm. Then you need to approach a few local courier firms who will be only too glad to punt work in your direction as long as they get 20% of each job's value. Once you've got a year or so's experience, get a few business cards printed out and give them to the customers you've been picking up from for the last year.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sat 10 Mar 12 at 23:26
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - MD
And then spend what little you have fettling the rusting sprinter. Non-starter.
Last edited by: Martin Devon on Mon 12 Mar 12 at 20:20
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - DP
freelance-courier.com/uk-parcel-link-scam/
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - borasport
I'm sure BW new this was a wrong'un from the start - just like this, really

Hi,

There are only 7 positions left, and after they are gone, it may be awhile before these companies decide to hire anyone again.

So if you are interested, you need to sign up TODAY.

Click Here To Sign Up

Previous experience is NOT required, and we have full-time, part-time and contract jobs available. Most of these jobs can be completed from the comfort of your own home.

Some of the positions that are available are:

- Write Short Reviews Of Restaurants (Up To $150 per review)
- Write Simple Blog Posts (Up to $30 per Blog Post)
- Review Hollywood Movie Scripts (Up to $500 per Movie Script)
- Write Short Articles About A Variety of Topics (Up to $200 per article)
- Review Websites For Inappropriate Content (Up to $20 an hour)
- Proofread Content For Mistakes (Up to $20 an hour)

The only thing we ask if we recommend you for these jobs to these companies, is that you try your best and make an effort. We don't want to look bad for recommending you for the job.

These companies pay either bi-weekly, or monthly, by check, paypal or direct deposit. OH, and one more thing, you can complete these jobs from anywhere in the world.

Sincerely,

Lisa Roberts
Director of Human Resources
Real Writing Jobs

It's just depressing that somebody must take them up, otherwise they wouldn't do it
 UK Courier Solutions Ltd - ukcs
RE: www.uk-couriersolutions.net business practises
Dear to whom it may concern;
I am the director of UK COURIER SOLUTIONS LTD registrated on: 05/08/2010
Registration Number: 07336665,
I have just been made aware of a website operating with a similar name to my company. I would like to state that UK COURIER SOLUTIONS LTD has no connection or association with the website www.uk-couriersolutions.net and their business practises. UK COURIER SOLUTIONS LTD has not been actively trading with any services or goods.
I have search the website and found the following information;
If anyone has complaints with the site you may be able to contact the service provider to close their site, it is worth a try.

Domain Name: UK-COURIERSOLUTIONS.NET
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Updated Date: 18-apr-2012
Creation Date: 25-jan-2012
Expiration Date: 25-jan-2013

The website is registered to someone who has a mobile number in Ireland with a yahoo email address.

Registrant:
UK Courier Solutions
Paul Webster
50 Jermyn St
jamesmatthewbrown@yahoo.co.uk

This information is obtained from: whois.enom.com, anyone can independently verify the data.

I would also like to state my company UK COURIER SOLUTIONS LTD or I have no connection with the bank account that the website use to operate their service. The details are as follows:

Bank: Lloyds TSB:
Account Name; B.M.S
Account Number: 39051360,
Sort Code: 30-92-59

This information was obtained from a thread on a forum site: (www.mtvan.com/forum/uk-courier-solutions)

It seems that this website is NOT a limited company and seems to be operating under a trading name.

My advice to anyone who has grievances with the website; www.uk-couriersolutions.net should try to contact the website

Uk Courier Solutions
50 Jermyn St
London
SW1Y 6LX
support@uk-couriersolutions.net
It is strange that they have no telephone contact number, and if that does not work; contact trading standards. I hope this helps anyone who has lost their money with this website.
Thank you for your time.
Regards

Mohammed Haque
Director
UK COURIER SOLUTIONS
Email: Ukcs2@gmx.com
Latest Forum Posts