Non-motoring > Belt sander sheets Miscellaneous
Thread Author: nyx2k Replies: 5

Belt sander sheets - nyx2k
my belt sandwer has 76*533 written as the belt sizes i need. ive found these on ebay for a big premium over 75*533 belts.

are these essentially the same or do i just get the more expensive ones
 Belt sander sheets - L'escargot
>> my belt sandwer has 76*533 written as the belt sizes i need. ive found these
>> on ebay for a big premium over 75*533 belts.

The designation is really 76 x 533 which means 76 mm wide x 533 mm long. I'm not familiar with a belt sander, but I can't imagine that 1 mm difference in the width is critical so I would expect 75 x 533 to fit. The belts come in different grit sizes so you probably ought to take that into account when buying new ones.
 Belt sander sheets - devonite
I`ve just had a (very)quick "Google" and I cant see any belt sanders that state 75*xxx, all of them seem to require 76*xxx. I think 75* maybe a mis-type, and I think you`ll be ok with the Ebay items! - you could always return them if wrong! ;-)
 Belt sander sheets - L'escargot
After a bit of Googling, my guess is that they were designed as 3" x 21", and the dimensions have been converted into millimetres (to pander to the metrication fanatics!) and then rounded. One company will call them 75 mm because that's a nice metric number and another company will call them 76 mm because that's closer to the true conversion of 76.2 mm.

Google for 3" x 21" belt sanders ~ Screwfix call them all by their imperial sizes. Me, I can take metrication or leave it. It's no big deal.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Thu 8 Mar 12 at 13:41
 Belt sander sheets - devonite
>>Me, I can take metrication or leave it. It's no big deal.

Unlike the old Lady overheard in the Greengrocers asking for a pound of Banannas,
"They`re Kilo`s now luv" replied the Greengrocer,
"well ok, I`ll have a pound of Kilo`s then please"
 Belt sander sheets - nyx2k
i'll order a few grades. thanks so much.
Latest Forum Posts