Non-motoring > Good Service from er... BT (sorry) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

Good Service from er... BT (sorry) - R.P.
Broadband was piped into this house when we move din last year. Living in the sticks we were happy with the 2.5Mb hit we were getting, good enough for streaming vids, BT Vision and low use demand we have. When we were connected the dual outlet Master Socket was replaced with a single socket and we had to use an ASDL filter. It was OK.

Things took a nasty turn a couple of months ago when the speed dropped to less than 1/2 a meg....a phone call to their excellent Indian call centre (0800 number). The staff speak good English sound as if they care and are unfazed by a very Welsh address. Took a couple of days but the matter was resolved, only for it to fail again in the same way a week last Sunday - a call got a temporary fix where we scaled the dizzy heights of 1.8meg, it dropped again to a 1/2 a meg, I phoned again on Sunday. I was escalated to a "Level 2" by a fast (too fast) talking call taker. I received a text within minutes confirming a free engineer visit after 1pm today....he turned up at 1.30pm. Swapped the master socket, and went back to the exchange to tinker with my "profile" - Tonight we're now at a astronomical 4.8 megs. I appreciate nowhere near what rj70 gets, but good enough for my needs....! Job sorted.
 Good Service from er... BT (sorry) - MD
Send 'em 'round 'ere my dear. .5 of a Meg would be nice.
 Good Service from er... BT (sorry) - rtj70
Sounds like BT offering a good service. I've used their call centres recently (Indian) because I couldn't remember by BT email password. I don't use that email but it's used to logon to BT Openzone and FON hotspots (if/when I need to).

This June I'll have been with BT for phone and broadband for two years - had excellent service. I could get cheaper elsewhere. I could get faster too (via Virgin Media) but happy with what I have for now.
 Good Service from er... BT (sorry) - Stuu
I have also had a good experience from BT recently.

I changed my phone and broadband from a Business to Personal contract and despite the severance charges from the Business contract being a little high for my liking, overall ill still save several hundred quid a year. Also the promise of a smooth transition was absolutely true, there was no drop in service save for the half hour to change over the hub when it arrived.
 Good Service from er... BT (sorry) - Fenlander
I had to grumble about BT back in Sept when they had real trouble getting the house move phone/broadband booking for the day we wanted it. However everything worked out ok eventually.

When we moved again in Jan every part of the process was pain free. Booked for the day we wanted and on the day we just carried the equipment between houses (same exchange, kept our number) and phone/broadband/vision box all worked in the new place just for plugging in with no configuration reqd.

Our speed is even faster now so well pleased.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Wed 7 Mar 12 at 10:36
Latest Forum Posts