Non-motoring > Slater or Oak? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 3

Slater or Oak? - Pat
I know Meldrew is local and I've seen both restaurants mentioned on here before.

Easter weekend will see us at an event in Cannock staying overnight with a couple of friends.
We've decided to make a weekend of it and will be visiting Snibston country Park on the way home on Sunday.

By early evening we will be hungry and the choice is the Collyweston Slater or the Royal Oak at Duddington.

I know the Slater is good but I''ve never eaten at the Royal Oak, can anyone advise which is the best one please?

Pat
 Slater or Oak? - Zero
The Slater WAS good but its gone right down the pan in the last 6 months since it changed hands. Last time I ate at the Royal Oak (about 5 months ago) it was good. Funny atmosphere tho.

The Queens head at Bulwick is a great pub with fabbo food, great landlord (and landlady ) not at all snobby - not cheap but not way over the top.

Nearly as good as my all time fav, The Falcon at Fotheringhay.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 4 Mar 12 at 14:54
 Slater or Oak? - Dave_
>> Easter weekend... will be visiting Snibston country Park on the way home on Sunday

...which is literally next door to me. Not sure if we'll be at home on Easter Sunday yet though :(

There is a 1980s computer games fair on there that weekend, great if you're into that kind of thing. retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 4 Mar 12 at 22:00
 Slater or Oak? - Pat
We'll try the Royal Oak then, I think, we won't want to deviate too far from our route home.

It's a bit of a nostalgia trip Dave for me. NCB used to be one of my best customers when I was a rep many years ago and Snibby was the pit I had to go down to look at some bearings on a machine at the coal face.

A great experience but they did the usual trick and dropped me down fast;)

I bet it's changed since then!

Pat
Latest Forum Posts